PDA

View Full Version : inquisitors

archimbald
09-07-2009, 01:06 PM
use them in IG army???

i have the witch hunters set and am thinkin of takin the so i could use my vindicare (which i drooled over for ages simply cos it looks cool).

any suggestions would be much appreciated

Aegis
09-07-2009, 02:45 PM
Sadly, put the vindicare away. For its cost, you are getting 6 shots that are not guaranteed to kill. I have tried to make it work so many times, but it is just not worth it. If you want to bring assassin, the Callidus will get you the bang for buck.

As far as Inq.'s go, for an IG force, make them a firebase. Give them three Gun-Servitors and two sages. Normally, I suggest a chirugeon as well, but I also run a CC Inq. For a firebase, ignoring a wound is not as vital (especially when there are more attractive things for your enemy to fire at).

Also, considering taking from the DH codex, and get the retinue member that allows you to fire at a deepstriking unit (wish I could remember the name).

Vorlon
09-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Mystic allows you to take free shots at daemons or greater daemons that deepstrike near( i think 4d6") the inquisitor.

Im still a fan of turning a Culexus assassin into a rapid fire monstrosity by way of putting him next to a chimera stuffed with a psyker battle squad.

Valdore
09-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Vindicare is pretty rubbish as I've found out to my disadvantage, however, I still sometimes take an Inquisitor Lord for a CC unit in my army, it fills an HQ slot and gives a good counter assault unit, not always useful, but it's an option if you do need it.

archimbald
09-16-2009, 04:22 AM
thanks but recently found the vindicare able to take down a 'fex, probably cos of lucky rolls tho. :-(