PDA

View Full Version : Intro Ogres @ 2500

wittdooley
09-06-2011, 08:08 AM
So, this isn't the exact list, as I don't have my book with me and don't have the points values exactly, but here's a sample army list for the bigguns. I'd love C&C.

Slaughtermaster LvL 4
Firebellly LvL 2
Hunter w/ Beastkiller & Harpoon

Thundertusk
Thundertusk

Ironguts X8; full command; w/ Magic Banner (forget what it's called)
Ogres x 15; full command
Ogres x 15; full command

It comes out to around 2500. Slaughter/Firebelly embedded w/ Ironguts. Formation like this:

Ogres -- Tusk -- Ironguts -- Tusk -- Ogres; hunter somewhere else as a flanker/beast killer

Ideally tusks stay w/in 6" of ogres to grant the Always Strikes Last to units they're in CC with.

Thoughts?

usekungfu
09-06-2011, 05:00 PM
That's a lot of Ogres! It seems like you have a lot of coverage with this army, in the previous edition I would be concerned about not having a character with higher leadership but I guess you'll be steadfast because of the ranks. I normally take a BSB but if he doesn't work for you, than you'll be fine. I have to give you a lot of credit, I LOVE the hunter, I have the old model, it has to be one of my favortie sculps, so seeing that fella in your list gives me fuzzy feelings, let me know how that works.

Deadlift
09-22-2011, 02:23 PM
I think I prefer what the Ironblaster brings to the table in the rare selection. The Thundertusk sure looks nice but against all those gunline themed armies they maybe in trouble. Just me though :)
Let us know how you get on :)