PDA

View Full Version : Bitz!

Skragger
09-07-2009, 05:41 PM
So, here's an interesting question: What is your favourite Bitz?

Here's mine for example: Theres a piece in the Ork Boyz box that looks like a bunch of expended shell casings coming out of a gun, its useful for almost any army that uses solid slug weapons and people keep punking them out of my bit box!

TSINI
09-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Empty IG hands! theyre my gold dust, my... precious!

ThePov
09-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Well, I know for a fact the bitz I most covet are SM legs... because in general, if you buy a couple assort SM boxes, you have enough bitz to build at least 4 or 5 more marines than you theoritically should, EXCEPT for the legs... it's the cap on the market, so to speak.

My favorite btiz to USE is essentially the entire IG tank accessory sprue. That one sprue is a gold mine! Combined with only minimal bitz from elsewhere, you can create everything from Comissar Lords to Servitors.

Drew da Destroya
09-07-2009, 06:23 PM
The Catachan Heavy Weapons team is excellent for Orks and probably other races... a good number of big guns, the backpacks are sweet, and I can probably use the bodies for corpses. Or give them to my guard-playing cousin, and see if he can use them or something.

Carly
09-07-2009, 06:28 PM
I found the Chaos Spawn sprue to be a good one.

I am still finding uses for it. For example, yesterday I was looking over the battlescape kit that I recently brought and wondered how best to chaos it up. So I took some of the spare bitz I had from the Spawn Sprue and made it look like there were tenticels coming out of some of the battle holes in the Rhino for daemonic possession. I also have some good ideas involving hands growing out from the trees on the battlescape. I'm hopeful it will look good in the end.

Mike X
09-07-2009, 06:40 PM
I am all about Space Marine (and Chaos Space Marine) heads.

I have dozens of them in my bits box.

Lord Anubis
09-07-2009, 07:15 PM
For example, yesterday I was looking over the battlescape kit that I recently brought and wondered how best to chaos it up. So I took some of the spare bitz I had from the Spawn Sprue and made it look like there were tenticels coming out of some of the battle holes in the Rhino for daemonic possession. I also have some good ideas involving hands growing out from the trees on the battlescape.

That sounds completely awesome.:D

I was a bit torn on the battlescape up until now, but I think I may have to get one and try something similar... :)

Morgrim
09-08-2009, 02:42 AM
In the raider kit, there is this little circular section of sprue inside the gap in one of the fins that is just perfect for my converted gun mounts...

Oh, you were meaning actual bits from models? :P Splinter pistols. My warriors never get any, I need them for my wych and beastmaster and dracon conversions.

Carly
09-08-2009, 02:49 AM
That sounds completely awesome.:D

I was a bit torn on the battlescape up until now, but I think I may have to get one and try something similar... :)

Thank you. Im hoping it does look good. The idea is that the Rhino is a nurgle rhino and that when it was pretty much destoried the taint from the rhino is spreading out from it, so thats why the trees are all messed up. Im thinking about having the last one half and half. Half daemonic, and half normal.

mysterex
09-08-2009, 02:52 AM
Type 6 space marine helmets (beakies). I've tried to build my space marine army entirely in type 6 but the heads are only half as available as the legs.

I'm also quite keen on the metal death watch shoulder pads.

Skragger
09-08-2009, 04:29 AM
Another awesome bit that I love are the Loota gunz... they're just the easiet thing in the world to convert because you can just slap other weapons on it and it looks normal.

I turned one into a very long range grenade launcher by strapping a few Stikkbomb chukkas to it, and one that is just about 12 lasguns all strapped together..:D

Aldramelech
09-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Empty IG hands! theyre my gold dust, my... precious!

Ohhhh yes!

person person
09-08-2009, 11:54 AM
The empty shells spewing out is awesome, I don't really have a fav. bit but I love skulls on a chain, cause you can say "I got kills" without over-sized spike coming out of your back.

CSM icons are awesome.

Psychosplodge
09-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Old style metal turbine jump packs look far better than the modern plastic ones...

Farsight
09-08-2009, 05:12 PM
There are plenty of fun things to do with the left over weapons from crisis battle suits; sentry towers, weapon platforms, and the like. I also find myself using ork top knots for flame bits all the time.