PDA

View Full Version : Space Hulk Irony

Exitus Acta Probat
09-07-2009, 07:42 PM
So,
Space hulk termies...models rock..but...

Does anyone else think it's ironic that the Hvy Flamer termie is the one with the most parchment on his armour?
About 30%+ is covered in PAPER! :eek:

So, oath papers/purity seals mean nothin to these guys? :rolleyes:

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
09-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Well, wouldn't the guy holding the flamer be the least likely to get burned? I mean, if he's feeling jumpy, some of his pals might lose a few seals/eyebrows, but he's always going to be on the right end of the flamer. And if he tries to use the flamer in close combat, then he deserves to lose a seal or ten.

Alfonzo
09-07-2009, 10:04 PM
There was, at some point, fluff that said purity seals were coated in adamantium before being affixed to armor.

Of course this doesn't explain why they're always flapping in the breeze.:rolleyes:

gwensdad
09-07-2009, 10:12 PM
True irony was in 2 different games we had going at the same time, the flamer termie charged a genestealer and won hand to hand combat.

Must have been all of the purity seals. :)

Craz
09-07-2009, 11:12 PM
I would assume the most 'holy' of the Termies got to carry such a purifying object as a heavy flamer. Just my two cents.

Jackmojo
09-07-2009, 11:56 PM
One of his merit badges...I mean purity seals is clearly for fire safety.

Jack

Morgrim
09-08-2009, 02:33 AM
My friend said the same thing.

I tried sticking even more seals on that model from the set belonging to the local GW store. I'm not sure if they got taken off or not. The redshirt had to stop painting stealers because he was laughing too hard to hold the brush steady, though. :P

TSINI
09-08-2009, 07:22 AM
i think the most ironic part of SPACE hulk, is that its the only 40k game based entirely in SPACE and they still have models without helmets on!!

Jackmojo
09-08-2009, 12:22 PM
i think the most ironic part of SPACE hulk, is that its the only 40k game based entirely in SPACE and they still have models without helmets on!!

IIRC, the old fluff covered Marines not being bothered by hard vacuum (beyond suffocation) and their armour pumps oxygen directly into their blood stream rendering breathing unnecessary.

Jack

Gotthammer
09-08-2009, 01:22 PM
The original SH fluff had marines dying instantly if their armour was breached (thus why it is such a lethal game). I convert all my termies to have helmets on.

Psychosplodge
09-08-2009, 04:59 PM
It increases the chance of some of it surviving...

DarkLink
09-09-2009, 01:40 PM
I think the answer is obvious. With all that paper, if the Genestealers get too close, he can light himself on fire to force them to keep their distance ;)

Duke
09-09-2009, 01:54 PM
One of his merit badges...I mean purity seals is clearly for fire safety.

Jack

I coudn't help but laugh at that one, too true.

L192837465
09-10-2009, 01:29 PM
I think the answer is obvious. With all that paper, if the Genestealers get too close, he can light himself on fire to force them to keep their distance ;)

Just like the ninja who lit himself on fire. Easy to see, but YOU try to catch that guy.