PDA

View Full Version : Female Elf conversions/Hand Maidens of Evermoon

Dont-Be-Haten
09-13-2011, 06:02 AM
Hey Fantasy Lovers, DBH here once again with some quick questions and hopefully answers to follow! xD

Recently, I was scrolling through some webbie-goodness on Fantasy battle, when I came across a young woman's high elf army, she had converted a group of her high elves into female units and another that she played as the Handmaidens of the Everqueen. (Are they still legal to play?)
I would really like to have a couple of female characters or play them as a unit; because in all seriousness I don't believe that the High Elves are dying off because they are all men, when their evil bitter rivals have loads of female characters and what not.

What would be the best way to try and convert/build a unit of female soldiers for the high elves? Would it simply be easiest to take a unit of dark elf witches and somehow conver them to Shadow Warriors? Or some other way? This is a really taxing question on me; and I would love a link/some ideas on how to do this!

Thanks for reading, hope to hear back!
-Dont-Be-Haten

magickbk
09-13-2011, 06:26 AM
Unfortunately, the Handmaidens are not currently useable. I wish they were. The rules for an individual elf make no distinction of male/female, so all you need to do is convert up the models. Mostly what people do is take the simpler High Elf warrior torsos, file down the waist very slightly, and then use 'Green Stuff'(2-part epoxy putty), to add some torso-shapeliness. There was a thread on this forum about a month ago about doing this same thing to the very detailed Elf Prince torso, that might give you some ideas as well.

Dont-Be-Haten
09-13-2011, 04:45 PM
Magickbk,

I definitely checked out that thread. I guess if I wasn't lazy I could've simply gone through the list of questions and been all like O_O that's what I was thinking!! xD
Needless to say, I definitely got in contact with eldergal for her thoughts on her finished product, and she gave me some sound advice. For now though, I think I'm going to take the noob way out and just attempt some eldar/dark eldar/dark elf female bits and convert them (to start off as) shadow warriors, and then if they re-release the maidens or whatever I might switch them over to that. I have seen some great ideas with dark elf witches and green stuff for some good conversions.

Keeping at it from State side!
-Dont-Be-Haten

eldargal
09-14-2011, 12:41 AM
Handmaidens aren't usable as handmaidersn, nothing stopping you using them as spear(wo)men or Seaguard. Problem is the models are expensive on eBay.

magickbk
09-14-2011, 07:10 AM
Yeah, I should have been more specific. I always looks at things from the rules perspective, because you can do anything you want with models.

Thornblood
09-19-2011, 04:48 PM
Just want to point out that women generally have smaller hands than men. And the High elf spearmen and the archers hads holding something are GIANT HIDEOUS SAUSAGES OF DOOM. Seriously one of the worst things about the whole high elf range for me.

Newer models- such as the white lions, the seaguard, phoenic guard and the like are amazing and quite adaptable.

Also http://www.avatars-of-war.com/eng/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14&Itemid=60 have a really nice sorceress who is slightly armoured to become something else (and comes with a spare girly head) and the wood elf could make a good girly Alith-Anar.

And if your good at sculpting hair- http://www.tritex-games.co.uk/store/product.php?id=1743