PDA

View Full Version : New Old Bretonnian Player 2400 point army.

gcsmith
09-13-2011, 09:49 AM
Heya, so my eye is being drawn slightly away High elves. And want to get back to my origional army. Bretonnians. So Since Im a competative player I want a decent army from the get go.
So i have an army list prepared to see what you guys think.

Its 2400 point simply because thats how the fantasy scene is going due to GW TOS so Hopefully the list will be decent, Never made a list this size and even 400 points seems to have a large effect.

So starting off with...

Lords:
Bretonnian Lord on griffon. With armour of Agilulf; lance and virtue of heroism; and the grail vow.
=409

Prophetess of the lady with lore of heavens
=190

Heroes:
Paladin standard bearer with barded steed Virtue of duty and enchanted sheild.
=114

Damsel level 2 with prayer icon of quell and lore of life
=130

Damsel level 2 with steed and lore of beasts
=115

Core:
8 Knights of the realm with full comand and banner of Chalons
=226

8 Knights of the realm with full command and banner of the eternal flame
=226

8 Knights of the realm with full command
=216

40 Men at arms with banner and musician
=215

10 Archers
=60

10 Archers
=60

10 Archers
=60

Special:
3 Peguses Knights
=165

Rare:
Trebuchet
=90

Trebuchet
=90

Total=2366

This leaves me with 34 points to add somewhere. No Idea where yet so if any help.

Current tactics are for lord to harass enemy and slay monsters. The Damsel on horse goes in the no stand and shoot knight unit and the damsel on foot goes into the men at arms to give them a ward save.

The peguses knights are used to slay the enemy war machines as well as harrass ranged units and perfom rear charges. The archers are there to shoot lighter units as well as provide some protection for my war machines.

Knights are pretty standard, support each other with multi charges, maybe some flank charges if My men at arms manage to bog a unit down.

Hope u like the list although if not say why :) all comments and critism which is constructive welcome.

Legoklods
09-15-2011, 09:32 AM
While I have no idear just how competative this list will be I generally like it.
I would consider spending your last points on a magic banner from the rule book to your last knights of the realm.
And fuse two of your archer units to one of 10. otherwise, when one unit charges it one 10-man archer unit, they will be overun, and then the enermy might just run into another 10 archers. Thats what I did the other day with my ogres against a wood elf army with 6 units of 10 archers.

gcsmith
09-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Well Ill be testing it, and worse comes to worse remove hippo and get some more knights or 3rd trebuchet or both :p

Legoklods
09-18-2011, 07:31 AM
Well Ill be testing it, and worse comes to worse remove hippo and get some more knights or 3rd trebuchet or both :p

Don't be hasty. The hippo has got a buff due to thunder stomp in 8th.
So it just might be worth its points now...

gcsmith
09-18-2011, 08:16 AM
Well thunderstomp cant be used against anything bigger than infantry so its only useful in helping kill big stubborn blocks and small shooting things u hit from the flank.
Need to start getting army will take me a few months unless i get a job soon