PDA

View Full Version : Space Hulk Question

bsmoove
09-07-2009, 09:14 PM
I have a question with regard to Space Hulk Rules, and I would be greatly appreciative for any help that you can offer. I've had some help over at Hogs of War, but I wanted to ask this part of my question again because I'm still not entirely sure how this works. OK here goes:

In certain missions, the rules stipulate a starting number of blips and also a blip-per-turn number. So, in a mission where you start with two blips and then receive two blips per turn thereafter, would you receive four blips for the very first turn (two starting plus two per turn)? I ask this because at least one mission states that the genestealer player starts with zero blips but receives two per turn thereafter. So, in this case, the stealer would receive two blips on the first turn, correct?

We've been playing that you simply get two blips for the first turn in either instance, but this obviously seems to undermine the point of stating both the "starting number" and a "per-turn" number? I'm a bit confused.

I'm sure that I'll have more questions/clarifications at some point despite the relative simplicity of the rules. Thanks in advance for any or all help.
and happy hunting.

Gir
09-07-2009, 09:33 PM
When you start with a certain amount of blips (say 2), you recive them after the marines have deployed, but before they make there first move. So you would set the board up, marines would deploy, stealers would take 2 blips and put them as if they where lurking at 2 entry points, then the marines would have thier turn, then the stealers would take there turn allocation of blips (say 2 for this example), and place them at entry points. they can then move all 4 blips as normal.

oni
09-08-2009, 09:36 AM
^ right.

BTW: There's a specific Space Hulk topic on down the main forum page.