PDA

View Full Version : 1500pt BT

RedRat
09-08-2009, 07:04 AM
I have a little tourney coming up and been testing around with a BT list for a while...
This is the last incarnation of my list:

--HQ--
Marshall + Dual-Claws + Orb + Terminator Honors
CoE + Challenge

--Troops--
6 Initiates, 3 Scouts, Pwr Fist, Melta, Rhino w/ smoke

--FA--
5 Initiates w/ Jumppack and Meltabombs
1 LS w/ MM
1 LS w/ MM

--HS--
TriLas Pred

CoE and Marshall will each join one of the Troops.
And yes since threre is 1500pts limit there are no Termies and Crusaders. Better drop 1 Crusader Squad and something else and get Termis?
Iīm not sure with the Pred and still have some trouble blowing up Mech (due to my Melta fail every single shot the last 3 games)
Same with the Assaultsquad (too weak to assault anything but verhicles or weak-cc-units)

Suggestions anyone?

Nikephoros
09-08-2009, 04:09 PM
A venerable dred in a drop pod with tank hunter, TL las cannon and missle launcher is significantly better than a tri-las predator for anti-armor in a BT list. a Str10 TL Lascannon and Str 9 missle launcher is pretty snazzy.

eagleboy7259
09-08-2009, 09:14 PM
1) Usually Templar Armies try to spam the 6 things that make them better than Vanilla Marines:

a) Accept Any Challenge, No Matter the Odds.
b) Assault Terminators with Lightning Claws and Furious Charge.
c) Neophytes to add extra attacks and ablative wounds.
d) Marshall granting Ld 10 to the whole army.
e) 5 man Terminators with 2 Assault Cannons and Tank Hunters.
f) Old drop pod rules.

Usually the more you spam these the better your army will do.

2) the Assault Squad looks to be a big waste of points. 5th ed. basically killed the jump pack because infantry can basically run just as fast as they can fly. Asides from that, 5 Marines flying around in the open will tend not to last long especially when the rest of their brothers are moving in Rhinos. If you cut some points out, then you can probably get your hands a Terminator Squad.

3) That Tri-Las Pred might not last long if its the only serious tank in the whole army. It might be worthwhile to sack it, along with one of your Rhinos and take a Land Raider. It might not have the same fire output but it is more survivable and wont be left behind when the rest of your army rushes across the board.

Nikephoros
09-09-2009, 04:18 AM
1) Usually Templar Armies try to spam the 6 things that make them better than Vanilla Marines:

a) Accept Any Challenge, No Matter the Odds.
b) Assault Terminators with Lightning Claws and Furious Charge.
c) Neophytes to add extra attacks and ablative wounds.
d) Marshall granting Ld 10 to the whole army.
e) 5 man Terminators with 2 Assault Cannons and Tank Hunters.
f) Old drop pod rules.

Usually the more you spam these the better your army will do.

Non-sequitor but I love seeing things I wrote on other forums repeated as gospel. Makes me feel like I know what I'm talking about.

RedRat
09-09-2009, 05:43 AM
Asides from that, 5 Marines flying around in the open will tend not to last long especially when the rest of their brothers are moving in Rhinos.

You are right, even if they never got shot. Itīs a way too difficult to get them where they are intended (the big support Tanks e.g. Pred, Leman Russ aso). They will be out.

Nikephoros: I see your intension with the venerable dread. But the drop pod? RC-Cybot with deep strike?

eagleboy7259
09-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Non-sequitor but I love seeing things I wrote on other forums repeated as gospel. Makes me feel like I know what I'm talking about.

Same Nikephoros from relic forums? You helped me build my tournament list a year ago. Those 6 rules have never let me down.

Nikephoros
09-09-2009, 04:23 PM
You are right, even if they never got shot. Itīs a way too difficult to get them where they are intended (the big support Tanks e.g. Pred, Leman Russ aso). They will be out.

Nikephoros: I see your intension with the venerable dread. But the drop pod? RC-Cybot with deep strike?

I like the drop pod in this case because you ALWAYS get to shoot first. Nothing sucks more than the opponent killing your tank hunting dread on the first turn before you can pop a shot. Or even just shaking it so you can't shoot. If you drop him in on a drop pod he always gets to kill a tank before your opponent even has a chance to shoot at him.

Plus, there are all sorts of fun Line of Sight tricks you can play with the drop pod so that you drop in, kill a tank, and are positioned behind the drop pod with doors closed so your dred cant be shot back at next turn. Effectivly giving you two turns of unmolested tank killing.

Same Nikephoros from relic forums? You helped me build my tournament list a year ago. Those 6 rules have never let me down.

Yep. Glad it works well for you, I still think those rules hold true for BT tourney lists today.