PDA

View Full Version : Super Dungeon Sadness

wittdooley
09-20-2011, 01:55 PM
So I've been excited for Super Dungeon Explore since GenCon 2010.

I became even more excited when Soda Pop announced they would have SDE at GenCon 2011 for sale.

My excitement waned when I found out that they wouldn't have copies for sale, but you'd be able to preorder.

GenCon 2011 got me amped up again with the game demo, so I popped down my Franklin on a pre-order, with the understanding from SodaPop that they'd be shipping pre-orders "around the end of August."

I got an email saying that the they'd ship early September. Okay, I could handle a week or two later.

Today I got an email saying that SDE wouldn't even be shipping until November 7th. I'm really disappointed and I'm cancelling my pre-order. I'll order the game again sometime online when I know it's in stock.

Sad day.

chromedog
10-30-2011, 04:19 AM
I'm not understanding your point.

Sometimes I'm almost glad we don't have cons like Gencon here.
The disappointment levels would turn the planet inside out.

GentleBen
10-31-2011, 11:34 AM
Sorry to hear it man. I'm planning to do a review / unboxing of it here at some point. At least you'll get to know whether or not it would have been worth the wait.

wittdooley
10-31-2011, 01:20 PM
I'm still going to get it; I'm just going to get it from coolstuffinc for $35 less now. Chances are I'll wait for the Relic Knight rules as well. I've just been waiting far too long, and there was no genuine benefit from me keeping my pre-order with SodaPop if I wasn't going to get the game even marginally earlier than the rest of the market. It frustrates me, as I really like the guys that make the game; I just think the ball was completely dropped on this one--it should have been ready for GenCon, no ifs, ands or buts.

BTW Ben, Always love your Warmahordes painting. I'd post it on the main article, but work won't let me :D.

GentleBen
11-02-2011, 08:12 AM
Thanks!

Keep your eye out for a Super Dungeon Explore article in the next couple of weeks.

I'll also be doing a Relic Knights unboxing, but I don't have any rules to review yet.

wittdooley
11-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Did you pick up one of the decks? It has a little mini rulebook in it.

GentleBen
11-02-2011, 08:45 AM
No. I wish I had when I was at PAX. But at the time, without knowing if I would ever get anyone around here to play with me I didn't see the point in buying the cards. Its way too easy to just buy everything you see at a con. That was one of the things where my inner fortitude kicked in and I decided I could live without it. Also I figured we'd see them on sale by now so I wasn't regarding them as anything rare. Any LGS can now stock Relic Knights minis through Alliance, but they haven't made the cards and quick start rules available for purchase yet. Not even from their own store. Maybe they did a small print run at first, sold out, and are trying to figure out how they want to work the next one.

Anyway I'm really curious because the rules weren't like anything I've seen before. No randomizing other than through the hand you get dealt. Attacks just happen. Then the active player spends resource cards to hit harder/add an effect to the hit while the inactive player spends resources to mitigate damage. But that's just what I remember from a five minute demo on a day where I did a lot of other things.

edit: Heh, just went back to the last relic knights posts and saw that you already know all this. :)

Greggle
03-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Ben, does Relic Knights have a release date yet?