PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts ImpGuard list

Vulture
09-09-2009, 06:30 AM
Hi folks,

wanted to show you the 2000pts list I have created for my ImpGuard force.

A few words first - this list is a fluff list and in no way intended for tournament play or anything else. When starting my ImpGuard army I had the idea of a light regiment designed for quick offworld deployment, securing a save landing zone for the following heavy regiments. This idea was partially because I don't really like the general design of the leman russ tanks - chimera/hellhound etc. are okay (not great but I can live with them) - so with this background I could explain why not having one in my force.

The result was the 74th Viridian Offworld RCT (regimental combat team):

HQ:

Command Squad (395pts)

with Creed, Kell, medic, vox caster, sniper, ordnance officer, astropath in a chimera with heavy flamer, heavy bolter, extra armour

TROOPS:

Infantry platoon with
- Platoon command (147pts)

with command (boltgun), medic, vox caster, melta, plasma in chimera with heavy flamer, heavy bolter

- 2 infantry squads (124pts)

each with sergeant (bolt pistol), vox caster, 1 grenade launcher

- Support weapon squad (60pts)

with 3 mortars

- Support weapon squad (90pts)

with 3 missile launchers

- Support weapon squad (105pts)

with 3 lascannons

Veteran Squad (160pts)

with gunny Harker, vox caster, 2 flamers, 1 heavy flamer, 6 shotguns

ELITE:

Guardsman Marbo (65pts)

Kasrkin Squad (190pts)

10 soldiers with melta, plasma

4 ratlings (40pts)

FAST:

Scout sentinel squadron (180pts)

3 scout sentinels with missile launchers, smoke launchers, camo netting

Valkyrie (140pts)

with multilaser, heavy bolters and rocket pods

Devildog squadron (300pts)

2 Devildogs with multimelta, smoke launchers, dozer blades

Total: 1996pts

Main idea how to play this list is to have Creed sit back savely in his chimera and issue orders especially to the support weapon squads. Harker and the veterans will infiltrate into a covered position and then dug in, holding a mission objective if possible.
Valkyrie offers light air support, hunting lightly armoured targets (like hordes of orcs or tyranids ;)).
The devildogs come from the flank as reserves (thanks to Creeds special rule), catching enemy tanks from behind or ar least from the side...

Well, that's my idea behind this list, I still have to see if it works - having only started the army a few months back and being a slow (or perfectionistic :D) painter only a few things are finished so far... ;)

Vulture