PDA

View Full Version : Space Hulk Model Bases

Gamerfunk
09-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Dont get me wrong i love the detail and feel of all the new models. BUT would it realy have been that hard to make them fit in the playing box for the model. the terminators are close but the stealers are way out there. With one stealer it's not a big deal but you get 3 or more in a row and there movement becomes a little iffy. Some of the bases take up almost 2 squers and you put a cluple of them in a row and it begins to get a little confusing as to witch box they are supose to be in.

I dont know if im just being over critical but it just buggs me.
Anyone out there feel the same?

Cryl
09-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Gotta agree with this, I also feel it wouldn't have been that hard to make the squares take a 40mm base so existing terminator models could have been used with the game.

That said, the models are great and the game is good fun too.

Gotthammer
09-09-2009, 11:13 AM
But if they made the new tiles bigger they wouldn't be compatible with older sets (hich I imagine is why they kept the smaller size (and some of the boards barely fit on a 6x4 table as is).

I'm sticking to my old round base stealers for gaming,the new guys are strictly for show.

Duke
09-09-2009, 01:59 PM

I'm sticking to my old round base stealers for gaming,the new guys are strictly for show.

with the obvious exception being that the new Brroodlord replaces "pavorati," broodlord.

Vash113
09-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Maybe it's just me but I'm very happy they didn't make all the tiles big enough for a 60mm base. It's hard enough to set up some of the maps even on a large table, the game takes up quite a bit of space as is and I couldn't imagine cramming something even bigger onto a tabletop let alone the increased cost would have been a pain.

As for the stealers, well yes but even the ones with small bases can be a problem, their Genestealers, you pretty much have to expect that sort of thing, to make them all fit easily all the time they would have to be standing at parade rest or something and that would just look dumb.

robertsjf
09-09-2009, 07:15 PM
the stealers are way out there. With one stealer it's not a big deal but you get 3 or more in a row and there movement becomes a little iffy.

It's been a tradition for 3 editions, they can't change tradition! also, you'll notice that certain poses of stealers conga better with each other. It's just a question of matching up compatible poses....

Granted, I remember when Space Hulk was played with blue and red rocks instead of minis....