PDA

View Full Version : Onslaught psychic power.

Pikante
10-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Alright tyranid player here (Ork's and marines as well but details details.) anyhow I have a question that I honestly think is how it could work, but I wanted some second opinions. I fought a WAAC player a few weeks ago and he kept stating I couldn't do what I did because of rules in the main rule book blah blah blah.

Now onto my question which is: With the onslaught psychic power, can a tyranid unit run twice in the shooting phase?

Before you go all "Omg lol no u dumb kid" the psychic power states the following: "This is a psychic shooting attack that automatically hits a single friendly unit within 12". That unit may both run and shoot in the same shooting phase. The may do so even if subject to instinctive behavior- feed. A unit under the effects of onslaught may not assault unless it also has the fleet ability."

Now then my logic was that in the shooting phase I can run as per the power, and run again in place of making a shooting attack as per what the rules state in the main book. Now he argued that it was because of fleet or something completely unrelated, but I just desire to make sure that if I do this that I am not cheating (As I feel horrible if I forget a rule and get called a cheater.)

TL;DR can onslaught allow for a tyranid to run twice in the shooting phase?

Thank you.

DarkLink
10-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Generally, you have a choice between running or shooting. One or the other.

Onslaught replaces that with the ability to run and shoot. It doesn't say that you can pick running, then pick shooting as well, it says specifically that you run and shoot. Since it replaces the normal rules, you can't sub out shooting with running the way you normally could.

Can't get your cake and eat it.

Kinda ironic you're arguing this while accusing someone else of being WAAC;).

Tynskel
10-09-2011, 04:56 PM
bwahahahah!
Nice poke back.

onslaught just allows you to run and shoot in the same phase. It is good for things like raveners and termagants because you can run shoot charge.

Otherwise, people would be taking lots more hormogaunts--- with their special fleet rule, onslaught would give them effectively up to 24" move.

Pikante
10-09-2011, 07:00 PM
That's what I thought but I just wanted to make sure, the way it's worded is a little bit weird, they probably should have FAQ'd or something would have been nice, especially since it gives you two options, and one of the options allows you to do the other instead of it.

Thank you for answering.

mathhammer
10-10-2011, 10:19 AM
bwahahahah!
Nice poke back.

onslaught just allows you to run and shoot in the same phase. It is good for things like raveners and termagants because you can run shoot charge.

btw

termagants don't have fleet.