PDA

View Full Version : Vulkan

Andrew283
09-09-2009, 01:34 PM
So where is he and when will he come back if he is still alive?

I personally believe that he is actually watching Vulkan He'stan and his progress to decide when the Salamanders will be ready to welcome him back.

What about you guys?

Emperorsmercy
09-10-2009, 10:29 AM
that is what I heard/Read/Dreamt, whether its true or not is another matter, but the Salamanders sure believe it.

Andrew283
09-10-2009, 11:38 AM
Eh??

ThePov
09-10-2009, 01:06 PM
He's dead, the Salamanders just don't want to admit it. Think about it, he was last seen on Istivaan V, leading his Legion back to the dropsite to link up with the second wave, which he assumed was loyal. The primary reason he went "missing" is because 90% if his legion, including everybody around him when the traitors opened fire, DIED of the massive firepower unleashed. Thus, in all likelyhood, he was atomized by a Titan or other such massive warmachine at the Drop Site Massacre.

Kanaellars
09-10-2009, 01:52 PM
He's dead, the Salamanders just don't want to admit it. Think about it, he was last seen on Istivaan V, leading his Legion back to the dropsite to link up with the second wave, which he assumed was loyal. The primary reason he went "missing" is because 90% if his legion, including everybody around him when the traitors opened fire, DIED of the massive firepower unleashed. Thus, in all likelyhood, he was atomized by a Titan or other such massive warmachine at the Drop Site Massacre.
As sad as it is to admit... it is the most likely answer.

Andrew283
09-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Noooooooooooo!

Patternmaker
09-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Games-workshop has really built up the idea of the return of the primarchs and end of times. I wouldn't be surprised if they made Vulkan return so to speak. Were talking about a universe were there are numerous malevolent gods; and were insect beasts that eat whole worlds are considered normal. Resurrection doesn't seem that unlikely in comparison.

Psychosplodge
09-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Are the items the forge fathers recovering what vulkan was wearing/using/equipped when disappered?

If so would suggest against vapourisation on grounds of still exsisting...

Sitnam
09-10-2009, 11:14 PM
I personally feel that all of th[LIST=1]
e primarchs, both Chaos and Loyalist, will someday return. GW has spent alot of time on their backgrounds for them to simply be gone forever and for good. Lets look at all their fates (Spoilers Ahead):

1. Lion El' Johnson: Asleep inside the Rock. No questions there, he can definitely return.
2. Fulgrim: A Daemon Prince in the warp. Enough said.
3. Perturabo: A Daemon Prince in the warp. Enough said, again.
4. Jaghatai Khan: Disappeared in webway. Maybe captured by Eldar/ Dark Eldar?
5. Leman Russ: Disappeared in EoT. Wolftime!
6. Rogal Dorn: Died in a Black Crusade.
7. Konrad Kurze/ Night Haunter: Assasinated by Inquisition.
8. Sanguinius: Died fighting Horus.
9. Ferrus Manus: Died fighting Fulgrim.
10. Angron: Another Primarch Daemon Prince
11. Roboute Guilliman: In stasis from fatal wound. Some rumor him healing.
12. Mortarion: Daemon Prince
13. Magnus: Daemon Prince
14: Horus: Killed by Big E.
15: Lorgar: Daemon Prince
16: Vulkan: Unknown, disappeared.
17: Corax: Unknown, 'Nevermore'
18: Alpharius Omegon: One twin may be dead, but the Alpha Legion is so full of lies and deciet it is a big question mark when anything about them is stated.

So for Loyalists there are: 3 dead, 4 missing, 2 sleeping (One of these mortally wounded)

For traitors: 2 dead, 1 maybe dead (The twins), 6 Daemon Prince's.

And then ofcourse the two unkown primarchs, who are so vague idk anything to add about them.

But looking at that right there, is is clearly visible that the Heresy split the primarchs dead even: 9 for the emporer, 9 for Chaos. The numbers alive/dead also approximate evenly: 6 dead, 12 possibly alive. My theory is, the six missing Loyalists will one day return for the final battle. The Big E, through his massive physic potential, will finally release himself from the Golden Throne, becoming a a complete warp entity (I believe he is already a warp entity, but his physical body limits his full warp power). In doing so, he will commune with the Librarians of the Iron Hands, Blood Angels, and Imperial Fists. Using either the ancient skeletons of their primarchs, or a suitable descendant, they will recreate the souls, experiences, and memories of the 3 dead primarchs. The Emperor was so phycically attuned and was so close to his primarchs, it is very possible he could read their past memories. In doing so the Imperium will have 1 uber-warp entity (Backed up by 'Saints', whom I believe will be his form of Daemons), 9 primarchs, 1000 SM chapters (AVG of 1000 per chapter), and billions of other Imperial forces.

The Chaos Gods will take a similar route: The 6 Daemon Princes will try to rally as many warbands to join them, in an attempt to recreate their original Legions. Horus's spirit will be reborn in Abbadon (Rumored to be Horus's clone son). Alpharius or Omegon, or both (depending on the truth between the battle of Alpharius vs Gulliman.) will reemerge from hiding. The Night Haunter is a tricky one. He wasnt favored by any god, and from the fluff I read he is more then sure dead. But for the sake of the theme, lets say he somehow reemerged. Chaos will then have: 4 warp entitiy (More then the Imperium, but do remember the 4 gods fight amongst each other), 9 primarchs, innumerable Chaos warbands (Some old Legionaries, some from the Renegade chapters.), and billions of other Daemons and Chaos cultists.

The only reason I beleive all this is simple: GW put alot of effort into the primarchs, and the first round of the Chaos/Imperium wars was dead even in numbers. Why even have the primarchs if they just remained dead, missing, or in the Eye of Terror.

Dark_Templar
09-11-2009, 01:06 AM
Just cause they found his dismembered hand doesn't mean that Dorn is dead....he is on Mars having a custom hook made up.

AirHorse
09-11-2009, 03:43 AM
I believe there was mention of vulkan being around at the time of the legions being split into chapters, so i think he survived the masacre. If i remember right there was something about him getting carted away to escape after being wounded in the novel so im fairly certain he made it off planet.

Vulkan is going to return when the salamanders finish find the artefacts he left behind if you ask me! Having read the first of the salamander novels too it would be nice to see it have something to do with dakir but thats never gonna happen as it will be a long time before games workshop decides to use all this mysticism theyve built up around the emperor and the end times and stuff.

Sitnam
09-11-2009, 07:19 AM
Just cause they found his dismembered hand doesn't mean that Dorn is dead....he is on Mars having a custom hook made up.

I think I remember reading that they recovered his whole body, but only engraved his hands as it was a symbol of his chapter. the rest is in a mausoleum.

turelhim vampire
09-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Well, the plot of the book Salamander deals with the 3rd company of the chapter searching for the primarch with the chapter believing him to have left prometheus AFTER the events of Istvaan and gone into some sort of self-imposed exile or something similar. The Tome of Fire is supposed to include clues as to his location, with artifacts scattered throughout the galaxy which allow those clues to be correctly interpretted.

So no, it seems Vulkan isn't dead.

Lindargo
09-11-2009, 09:58 AM

Erm... isnt he a Crimson/Imperial Fist Primarch? If he is then he's probably got the universes biggest Powerfist as a replacement anyway!