PDA

View Full Version : Allied Armys for Tournaments?/General games

Lucian Kain
10-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Just wondering if any (veteran) tournament players have seen Allied armies used in the tournament sceen.What I'm getting at is for the purposes of force chart manipulation.Trying to get more of a particular unit type that I like while still being within the normal rules set So I'd have to take Double the minimum HQ and Troops requirements but also have double the slots in Heavy Support,Fast Attack and Elites.

In my defence its more about being able to buy models I like And play them as upposed to trying to break the game.It'd be nice to field 6 Nemesis Dread Knights,(3 from each Brotherhood) with a sensible argument and without causeing too much contraversy.I don't think they're particularly game breaking anyway.

Thanks for your feedback.

dannyat2460
10-16-2011, 02:26 PM
Well ive played in many Doubles but all the ones ive ever played have been a joint Force Organastion Chart,

If your meaning using allied armies with only one commander eg how witch/deamon hunters used to work then no i havnt seen any used in this way

Wolfshade
10-16-2011, 04:24 PM
It all depends on the Tournament Organiser but I would doubt it as you'd be breaking the force organisational chart. Otherwise you'll have to find someone willing to play with that, or apocalypse.

pauljc
10-17-2011, 04:28 AM
I don't mind allied 40K games in my store, and sometimes I ask players to team up if there's a player shortage, to make sure everyone has some fun.

I have one kid, though, who wanted to field an allied army using entries from the Grey Knight and Chaos Daemon codexes. Yes, he's one of those players that doesn't understand why armies need weaknesses in order to make a challenging game. I tried really hard to explain it to him.

...They will never find his body...