PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen: Kroxigor's Great Reach rule

WillyRapier
10-18-2011, 01:41 AM
Hi all,

First off, i apologize if this has been asked before, but i searched the forum and found nothing.

I'm looking at getting into the cold blooded side of things, and have been reading up on rules, etc, and noticed that in the latest Lizardmen FAQ, the Kroxigor's Great Reach rule is removed (the FAQ says to ignore it).

Basically, the rule states that if the krox is in the second rank of the unit, it still counts as being in base contact for attacking, and being attacked. seems reasonable, as the skinks are tiny and krox are just a smidge taller...:rolleyes:

Does this mean that, when in combat, Kroxigors would then get a single supporting attack (striking last, as they have Great Weapons) rather than their full attacks? cus in my mind it then makes little sense putting the krox in the unit at all, if you still have points to make them Special.

Please note that this isnt a whining "why have they made them weaker" post. Just clarifying for the sake of my sanity...:)

Cheers

Old_Paladin
10-18-2011, 09:11 AM
Krox now use the monsterous infantry supporting attacks rule (so 'great reach' became redundant).
So they are allowed 3 attacks each, from the second rank.

I think the only major change to the rule it that Krox are no longer allowed to be targeted in melee (so it's the poor, squishy skinks taking all the hits); I could be wrong about that though.

Wildeybeast
10-18-2011, 10:04 AM
As far as I'm aware, you can only direct attacks against models in B2B contact with any of your models, meaning the Kroxigor can make its supporting attacks, but not be attacked back (assumedly the skinks chuck themselves onto any weapons aimed at their larger cousin). So in other words, they have got a big benefit from the new MC rules.

WillyRapier
10-18-2011, 05:33 PM
AAh...erm...*ahem*...good point.

I'd missed the MI classification in the BRB, so wasnt thinking of them as monstrous infantry.

Thanks guys :)

Whiteice
03-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Wouldn't say it's a big buff :P 99% of time i would smack some skinks around for the free CR. Particularly if it's a large unit (the only significant situation otherwise i can think of is if you are a dragon or other large beasty with low attacks and still hitting the krox on 3s and wounding on 2s).