PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Counts - 2000pt "alternative" to my main list

WillyRapier
10-24-2011, 08:03 AM
I've been playing VC for about a year now, and my army is pretty static most of the time; two large(ish) units of ghouls, a unit of skellies hiding a vampire with HOC, and a Grave Guard unit with a wight king carrying the Drakenhoff banner. Recently i also added a Terrorgheist mount for the general, and the army took on a Strigoi aspect (as you might expect). It works, and I win more than I lose, but I'm looking for an alternative build that I find interesting enough to play. I'm also considering branching out into another army, but first i want to 'complete' the Vamps, so to speak.

The alternative idea i already have is:

Vampire Lord (Joining Skeleton Unit)
Black Periapt, Extra Level, Helm of Commandment, The Cadaverous Cuirass
Forbidden Lore (Light), Master of the Black Arts, Summon Ghouls

Necromancer (Joining Ghoul Unit 1)
Invocation of Nehek, Raise Dead

Necromancer (Joining Ghoul Unit 2)
Invocation of Nehek, Raise Dead, Nightshroud

Wight King (Joining Black Knights)
Barded Skeletal Steed, Lance, Battle Standard Bearer (War Banner)

Crypt Ghouls
29x Crypt Ghouls w/ Ghast

Crypt Ghouls
Ghast
29x Crypt Ghouls w/ Ghast

Skeleton Warriors
Champion, Standard Bearer
14x Skeletons w/ Spears

Black Knights
Hell Knight, Musician, Standard Bearer (Standard of Hellish Vigour)
7x Black Knight w/ Barding

Black Coach

Varghulf

It might be noted that the core of the army is unchanged (2 big ghoul units, vampire (Lord this time) hiding with the boney ones) I'm not a big fan of putting Zombies in a list (i can raise them as i need them in the magic phase (not that i rely on them...they're a distraction and rank nullifying measure)) and the rest of the troop choices kinda leave me cold. I guess a CC would be an option for the ASF potential...though cracking off Speed of Light should be possible with the lvl3 vampire lord (depending on how sponge-like the black coach is being with power dice)

This brings me in at around 2000 points (with a little scope) but was wondering what people thought of the build? I'm also interested in what people might think for expanding up to 2500 from this list too...I'm not overly concerned with winning every single game i play (you learn far more about both your army and your opponents by losing from time to time). Above all, i like an army that ties together nicely and is good to play...