PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Tournament Skaven

Dominic
10-28-2011, 07:52 AM
Okay, so I’m going to a 1500 tournament in the new year, and I’d like to get my army list sorted way before then. Nothing is set in stone and I have a massive collection of models, so I can field pretty much anything, so don’t be afraid to suggest changes such as swapping one unit for a completely different one. I’ll explain tactics etc. after I’ve posted the list.

Heroes

Plague Priest (General)
- Lvl 2
- (Additional) Hand Weapon
- Poisoned Attacks
- Dispel Scroll

Warlock Engineer
- Lvl 1
- Warp-energy Condenser

Chieftain
- Battle Standard
- Dawn-stone
- Enchanted Shield

Core

x29 Clanrats
- Shields
- Full Command
- Poisoned Wind Mortar

x29 Stormvermin
- Shields
- Full Command
- Banner of Eternal Flame

x39 Skaven Slaves

x39 Skaven Slaves

Special

x29 Plaguemonks
- Full Command
- Plague Banner

Rare

Doomwheel

Warp Lightning Cannon

Total = 1498.5

The basic idea is that the Chieftain goes with the Stormvermin, the Engineer with the Clanrats and the Priest with the Monks. The Slaves are there to soak up casualties’ early one, and dive into anything which I consider to be an exceptional threat (only for my other units to dive into the flank or side on later on in the game). The Storvermin have the banner which gives them flaming attacks so they can handle anything with regeneration and the Monks will be my main unit for dealing with anything which has a high toughness (the banner will allow them to re-roll to wounds, and with the high amount of attacks the unit can put out, I hopefully should roll enough 6’s)

I’d really appreciate any help and advice,

Chronowraith
10-28-2011, 09:36 PM
Overall it's a decent list that should perform just fine. Any real issues I have with it are largely due to personal preference.

I do have one nagging issue with this army though- The plague priest makes a poor general. He's in a unit that is highly susceptible to ranged attacks, must test to hold back frenzy, and the plague priest himself has little defense against any sort of damage aside from his high toughness. From here I jump into the realm of personal preference. Plague Monks just aren't worth the points unless they are pushing a plague furnace.

The Warp Cannon seems a little odd in the list. I know *why* it's there but it's the only shooting you have aside from a single plague mortar. In many ways you'd be better off scraping up the points for a 2nd Doomwheel.