PDA

View Full Version : Crisis Suit interior ??

Cappy
09-10-2009, 08:39 AM
Has the interior of a Tau Crisis suit ever been published anywhere ?

Culven
09-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Nothing official, as far as I know. I believe there was an image in a White Dwarf of one someone had converted themself. It was a few years ago.

The AKH
09-10-2009, 10:21 AM
There's probably not much "interior" to speak of... Tau aren't exactly large, but I still don't think there's much room inside those suits.

Cappy
09-10-2009, 12:19 PM
There's probably not much "interior" to speak of... Tau aren't exactly large, but I still don't think there's much room inside those suits.

Yeah I figure as mush guess instead of interior I guess I should have said how its' worn/controls etc...

Jive Tyrant
09-10-2009, 04:23 PM
I bet it stinks of Tau, though. Those things are a beeyotch to clean.

JamesP
09-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Has the interior of a Tau Crisis suit ever been published anywhere ?

As was said above, there is a picture in a WD from a few years (probably four or five now) back. It was a Golden Daemon entry, in the Open Category IIRC, of an open Tau Crisis suit being worked on.

The second Last Chancers book (Kill Team) has a bit towards the end where one of the Last Chancers tries to get into a Crisis Suit. The book isn't that great but is quite good on background for the Tau.

Much better for Tau background is the Fire Warrior novel, the one brought out with the computer game. It has a section where one of the characters, a Shas'El IIRC, and his Crisis team get into their suits and make a drop from an Orca to the Imperial planet.

Getting into a Crisis suit is pretty much like getting into any large SF battlesuit - mind impulse links plug you into the suit and its senses and you move and feel things as if it's your own body. Pretty sure that the pilot's arms stay inside the torso and don't go into the arms of the suit, the same for the pilot's head. Their legs might go down into the thighs of the 'suit but the battle suit is moved through mental impulses and not through the movement of the pilot.

It's like a Dreadought that you can get in or out of (and not have to be nearly dead to pilot :) ) rather than a suit of power armour.

I've never read any similar background on Broadsides or Stealthsuits but I imagine Broadsides work like the Crisis suits and Stealthsuits would be more like power armour due to their size.

Hope that helps. There may be other sources of fluff, like the Imperial Armour book with the Tau in?