PDA

View Full Version : Hexrifle vs Biotitans

JMichael
11-01-2011, 08:56 PM
With the Hexrifle if you suffer an unsaved wound you take a Wound char test, which if failed the model is removed from play with no saves allowed.
GW Apocalypse p91-Gargantuan creatures that would be killed due to a failed char test take d3 wounds instead. In addition sniper & poison need a 6 to wound.

So killed vs removed from play...and also is there any FAQ (like in the new FW Apocalypse Second edition) that addresses this?

greenstuff777
11-01-2011, 09:48 PM
I believe it would work like the vortex grenade removing D6 wounds.

JMichael
11-01-2011, 11:44 PM
The wording under vortex grenade (d6wounds) is the only instance I found regarding a 'remove from play' weapon and Gargantuan Creature. Though seems like a vortex grenade should be more deadly than a hexrifle...

DrLove42
11-02-2011, 05:52 AM
unsaved wound you take a Wound char test, which if failed the model is removed from play with no saves allowed.

to a failed char test take d3 wounds instead

Surely you've answered yourself there?

Vortex grenade does remove from play, but not via Characteristic test. The same would be true for a Shattershard or Sterns banishment zone thing

JMichael
11-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Surely you've answered yourself there?

It is the difference between 'killed' and 'removed from play'
Just wondering if IAApoc 2nd edition clarified this at all.

danny2460
11-02-2011, 10:54 AM
page 91 of the the apocalypse rule book gargantuan creature special rules,

All gargantuan creatures are immune to the instant death rule. In addition, because they are so large and powerful they are not affected by any attack that would normally kill a model automaticaly (like force weapons an attack that kills as a result of a failed characteristic test, etc) such attacks cause D3 wounds instead.

So the hex rifle once caused a wound and after the failed character test an extra D3 wounds will be caused

MaxKool
11-02-2011, 11:21 AM
While I agree as to the answer u guys have come up with imhave to ask, why is killed here being counted as the same as removed from play? They are totally differant, removed from play dos t nessesarilly mean a casualty or death. It's just gone...
Like all the old necron wbb removed from play arguements... In that case removed from play was different from killed or lost all it's wounds ect....

Darkwynn
11-02-2011, 02:14 PM
I am more curious why people are trying to rule lawyer on a apoc game. It does D3 wounds just like it says and use the broad rules for that.Apoc is suppose to be for fun not discussion around how wording of rules work.

JMichael
11-02-2011, 03:11 PM
well I see a friendly discussion and I personally am just more curious if the IAAPoc 2nd edition had addressed this (I heard it might've).
I don't see any rules lawyering on this thread

DrLove42
11-03-2011, 03:59 AM
I will look when i get home, but in the process of moving so my IA2 is in a pile of stuff

Can't help but feel your making a mountain out of a molehill here though

Interesting point....if all sniper weapons need 6's to wound GC.....does that mean they always rend and ignore their armour save? I guess so....

Gir
11-03-2011, 04:05 PM
well I see a friendly discussion and I personally am just more curious if the IAAPoc 2nd edition had addressed this (I heard it might've).
I don't see any rules lawyering on this thread

It doesn't need to be. The rules are clearly written in the main Apocalypse rule book. There is no grey area here.

WereWolf_nr
11-03-2011, 06:41 PM
It doesn't need to be. The rules are clearly written in the main Apocalypse rule book. There is no grey area here.

Exactly. This is not as tightly written a ruleset as, say, Magic the Gathering. In 40k removed from play = killed in most respects.

Besides, Apoc pretty much requires everyone to hash out rules anyway, just bring it up with your opponent before the game.