PDA

View Full Version : Kill Team in 5th ed ?

kabelguy
11-04-2011, 01:17 PM
my son keeps bugging me to play a Kill Team game with him but I am not sure how to proceed?

1) Does anybody play kill team in 5th ed?
2) If so, what house rules do you use or do you simply refer back the the 4th edition rules for composition, etc.
3) Do you use Army Builder to make a legal Kill Team roster?

Hive Mind
11-04-2011, 02:23 PM
I use Necromunda rules. Generally we play 0-1 HQ and as many squads as you can fit into 500pts. No elites, fast attack or heavy support.

thecactusman17
11-06-2011, 01:19 AM
There is the "official" Battle Missions Kill Team. Personally, I think it too heavily favors large groups of shooters.

At my flgs, we do play Kill Team based games, based loosely on the 4th edition ruleset. We have taken to a few basics that never change.

Determine a player point size.

Players pick any infantry or jump infantry unit. No bikes, no MCs, no vehicles. You may also wish to disallow characters and "loner" models like the Assassins.

Purchase additional models for the unit. Also, purchase additional models from any other unit that would be eligible.

Purchase any upgrades for any full units you have accumulated.
Purchase upgrades for any models that are not part of full units. These models can only take upgrades available to every model in the unit they were purchased from.

Example: I have 200 points. I purchase a squad of Space Marines and a plasma gun. I also bring along 2 scouts. I can buy the scouts both camo cloaks, but not a Missile Launcher because camo is available to all scouts, but missile launchers are only one per squad.

kabelguy
11-07-2011, 10:43 AM
HM = do you use the necromunda HTH rules (2nd ed 40k hth) or 5th ed 40k rules?

thanks for the input everyone

Hive Mind
11-07-2011, 12:35 PM
I use Necromunda rules in their entirety, except for model selection and wargear.

Basically, I play Necromunda with a squad of Space Marines/Orks/hormagaunts/whatever in place of the gangs.

Gorgar
03-07-2012, 04:44 AM
There are a couple of homebrew rule sets for Kill Team.

This looks like but they are still working on it.
http://www.deathsquadsgame.com/
You do have to register to see the download section with the rules.

I think this is the better option.
http://www.thecodexproject.com/killzone

and if you want the orignal rules I think this is them
http://redelf.narod.ru/w40k/w40k_z_kill-teams.html

Dunadan
03-07-2012, 03:14 PM
I just use the old 4th edition rules, though I usually make exceptions to the armor rules to allow Dreadnoughts.

heretic marine
03-07-2012, 08:35 PM
you could try this http://www.thecodexproject.com/killzone/ not my work and not sure if you would like it, but is fun and different.

Haggis McMutton
03-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Intgeresting ideas. After recently reading Kill team and seeing the Kill team rules in the 4th ed hardcover rulebook, I was wondering how to play that with 5th. Good to see people still like to do something different (like kill team) with 40k

Misty
03-30-2012, 11:17 AM
MY boyfriend started me with Kill Team before we moved into the main game.It was fun. COme to think of it we need to do some Kill Team tonight [ only he doesn;t know that yet , goodbye romantic evening :D]

The Madman
06-09-2012, 06:21 PM
my son keeps bugging me to play a Kill Team game with him but I am not sure how to proceed?

1) Does anybody play kill team in 5th ed?
2) If so, what house rules do you use or do you simply refer back the the 4th edition rules for composition, etc.
3) Do you use Army Builder to make a legal Kill Team roster?

as mentioned above 5th edition does have some kill-team rules, these are in the Battle Missions expansion. basically its 200 pts of either Elites, Troops or fast attack and up to three models may pick a universal special rule. all models also act as individuals. i find they are some pretty solid yet simple rules for some quick fun, had a game of kill-team on the 40k 25th anni but with 250pts instead took a chaos dread with autocannon and 9 marines and did fairly well.