PDA

View Full Version : independent characters in assaults...

Denzark
09-11-2009, 04:12 AM
Hello chaps

I'm getting threaders with losing my Chaos Lord in close assaults. As far as I can discern from the rules he is treated as a separate single model unit and any of the enemy engaged with him (so in base to base or within 2" of someone that is?) can directly target him - I can't ablate the wounds onto the rest of the squad.

So Kharn for example, charges in to combat, shreds 4 of 5 terminators. Then the incompetent tzeentchers he was assisting - only killed 1 - fail to fininsh off the terminator surviving. He elects to hit kharn twice with power fist - no eternal warrior so need 2 invulnerables.

Is my interpretation correct? If so how pants.

AirHorse
09-11-2009, 04:36 AM
seems pretty right to me, i probaly wouldnt charge a unit loaded up with powerfists like that with my characters personally :P

mercer
09-11-2009, 05:49 AM
Yup I'm pretty sure you've got that right there as attacks can be allocated onto the I.C if within 2" when in combat.

Levitas
09-11-2009, 06:01 AM
Having suffered with a HQ that doesn't have eternal warrior but is geared for assault only (Shrike), the tip is to look where you charge.

The HQ has to move first, so look where he is in the unit and make sure he avoids the fist! If the fist isnt in base-to-base then he cant target him as the HQ is a separate unit. Just ask your opponent whats in the squad before you charge, they might be nice and tell you.;)

Exitus Acta Probat
09-11-2009, 06:32 AM
Lev;
I am an idiot(ninja'd myself out of emberassment...you go Levitas! woot! and stuff) ;)

Culven
09-11-2009, 12:11 PM
The HQ has to move first, . . .
Why and how? Are you refering to your own HQ (ex. Shrike) which is doing the charging, or are you refering to enemy ICs?

SeattleDV8
09-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Agreed ,BRB pg. 49 mentions ICs moving first when reacting to an assault and pile-in moves, not the initial charge.

DarkLink
09-14-2009, 09:44 PM
If the powerfist is in base with the squad and not Kharn, then it must hit the squad. If the powerfist was in base with Kharn, or not in base with anybody but within 2" of a model that was in base with Kharn (even if that model was killed), than what you describe in the OP is fair game.