PDA

View Full Version : Lychguard Weapon Choices

mallet_man
11-16-2011, 04:23 AM
In the necron codex the entry for lychguard says the entire squad may exchange their warsycthes for hypherphase swords and dispersion shields for x pts per model, my question is does every model have to or can you have a mix like with thunder hammer and lightning claw terminators?

Wildcard
11-16-2011, 04:48 AM
In my understanding the wordings gw uses are:

Entire squad = each and every model, practically no exceptions
Any model in a squad = thunder hammer and lightning claw combos
One model (in a squad) = you may (or have to) choose one (and only one) model to get the upgrade etc.

The Twilight Fade
11-16-2011, 07:43 AM
Whilst lychguard certainly have their uses the ability to allow them to mix up dispersion shields and scythes would make them worth their points alot more.

Sadly when it says the entire squad has to take them then you can't mix them which is a shame because it would be really useful

Wildeybeast
11-16-2011, 12:12 PM
I would have thought the phrase 'entire squad' to be fairly self explanatory, especially when there are no other possible weapon options. Every model in the squad, no exceptions, or none of them.

Tynskel
11-16-2011, 01:21 PM
I would have thought the phrase 'entire squad' to be fairly self explanatory, especially when there are no other possible weapon options. Every model in the squad, no exceptions, or none of them.

bwahahah! You and your Logic.

MaxKool
11-16-2011, 02:26 PM
Yah it kind of sucks as scythe armed lichguard having no inv save and ini2 kinda keeps me from wanting to take them. Being that unless the FAQ them, that have no real transport options and being on foot almost demands an inv. Save.

I'm realy hoping they errata the fact that the jump infantry, bikes and all the elites have no transport.
It would be ok if like the landraider they could be bought separately but still not great as the foc is very limiting on necrons as it is....

Wildeybeast
11-17-2011, 12:22 PM
bwahahah! You and your Logic.

It's quite an old fashioned habit in this internet era, but I like to keep things traditional and use it every now and then :D