PDA

View Full Version : Airbrush shopping

daviedight
11-26-2011, 03:49 AM
With Christmas fast approaching and Santa bending my ear about what I want, I would like you lot to help me out with some advice.
I'm looking to buy my first airbrush. Can you help? It must be entry level, mid price, reliable and upgradable so when I inevitably become ****-hot and Golden Demon level I can get better stuff!
One thing that I must also consider is where I live. I'm on an island in the Gulf of Thailand! No flgs to pop into for spares! Obviously that means any refills I need must come from (at least) Bangkok. If they don't stock it, then I need an overseas supplier that ships to Thailand. It's also very hot and humid here, does that effect performance?
Thanks in advance.
Peace.

Deadlift
11-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Whatever brand you go for, try and get a double/dual action brush. With this kind you will be able to control your paint much more easily, single action you may as well buy colored primers. Gravity feed is worth a look too and what I recommend, this is with the cup in the top. Brands to look for are Iwata and Badger which are both very good. Iwata do a set which includes a compressor for about £200 here in the UK, Badger do cans of compressed air if your not going for a compressor.

Just make sure you get cleaner as well, you must keep your new toy clean and tip top.

Good luck matey :)

gendoikari87
11-26-2011, 02:50 PM
Aztec, that's what I use, it's nice, not the best but it's nice. You will love what you can do with an airbrush as opposed to a standard paintbrush; for instance check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxe8mlAduUw

zero187
12-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Hobby Lobby has some nice stuff thats usually on sale