PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts Necron vs Grey Knights

Brymm
12-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Basically what happened,...Success!!! Kill points/pitched battle!!!
I played:

Immotek
Zhandrek
Lord w/orb and warscythe
Cryptek with lance and solar pulse
cryptek with chromotrom
7 Lychguard with sword and board
10 scarabs
10 scarabs
5 Warriors
10 Immortals
10 Immortals
2 Cy Spyders w 1 Gloomprisim
Monolith
Annihilation Barge

I played against Coetez/Chimera/Psyfilemen
about:
Coetez
Psyker battle squad
3 chimeras, 1 rhino
strike squad
10 deathcults with a librarian in a land raider crusader
3 psyfile men (1 was venerable)
vindicare
2 henchmen squads, one with flamers and one with melta

The guy I was playing is a great player. He knows whats up. We played Annihilation/Pitched battle
Quick summary: Immoteks night fighting lasted FOUR turns! That was easily the biggest factor in me winning this game, even though lightining only struck 3 times (really below average), killing a rhino, stunning a dread and killing his assassin.
The monolith can still soak up a lot of fire power and tends to shrug off a lot due to living metal. Most of what does hit it is glances and they can be ingnored a lot of the time. It was eventually killed by the Librarian and Coteaz swinging hammers at it.
The Scarabs took a lot of fire but still killed the land raider and tied up the deathcults.
The annihilation barge was sweet also, shaking off lots of psyfilemen fire. I accidently cheated a bit and was using it as a FAST skimmer the whole game, which it is not.
The Lychguard were suprisingly the MVP of the game. I used them as a countercharge unit in the last few games I played, but in this one I used them to multiassualt 7 Grey Knights of a strike squad and 6 henchmen. They ripped them up. Not to mention that I took an army worth of shots on the turn before I charged and managed only to lose one Lychguard, then took an army worth of fire the next turn (because I won and swept the remaining henchmen), and still lived to tie up a dread for the rest of the game.
The game ended after turn five with me killing:
Rhino
Chimera
Assassin
Strike Squad
Henchmen
Henchmen
Pyskers
Landraider

I lost:
1 Scarab Swarm
Monolith
Annihilation Barge
Lychguard

I benefited greatly from kill point denial due to night fighting! Amazing! If Chromotron still works with Immotek's roll for night fighting rolls after the coming FAQ, I suspect to see lots of that in the future.