PDA

View Full Version : Space Wolf List, preliminary

Exitus Acta Probat
09-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Okay,
can't really show unit points...but, for 1750(ish) I have been speculating.

Njal Stormcaller: (interference with enemy Movement/function if dismounted; and anti psyker)

Wolf Guard battle-leader: ability that lets him join scouts if need be, or Blood Claws for improvement, and combi melta/pwr fist.

5x Scouts: Melta focus

10x Grey Hunters: Fist melta focus
10x Grey Hunters: Fist melta focus
9x Blood Claws: Fist and flamer

(Rhino)

Land Speeder Melta/HvyFl
Land Speeder Melta/HvyFl
Land Speeder Melta

LRC w/MultiMelta
LRC w/MultiMelta

Njal joins a Grey Hunter squad in an LRC, the other squad is either toting in the Rhino, or the 2nd LRC...Bloodclaws go in other 'port (haven't decided if LRC is better for the Claws or not).

Use the Scouts as a bluff/deployment manipulation unit. If my opponent is heavy armour that sits back and shoots (or devs/lootas etc) the Battle Leader joins them. If he's mobile, and aggro, the Battle Leader joins the BloodClaws and they wind up in the LRC.

Speeders either DS for anti armour, or flat out turn 1 for movement blockage AND turn two armour immobilization/kills.

The G-Hunters are just great. Coming in resonably with fist and meltas, and the CC abilities of Chaos AND ATSKNF...well, they'll do whatever I need them to!

I think out MEQ'ing MEQ is what this army's all aboot!

(This is all based on my points memory serving correctly with the preview copy I hogged for a little while today!)

mkerr
09-13-2009, 08:54 PM
@Exitus Acta Probat: Glad to see the SW lists starting.

1. Njal is awesome.

2. I wouldn't use Power Fists (I don't think I'm going to have any in my SW lists - unless I can use it with MotW). Every squad should have Mark of the Wulfen -- it's a fantastic upgrade for 15pts.

3. I'm also going to skip on the Bloodclaws. The WS3 is just too low to survive additional rounds of close combat -- getting one WS3 Fist attack on round 2 sucks -- and they don't get the +2 attacks if they are counter charged. Grey Hunters are just better.

4. Scouts don't really do "melta focus" -- they can only have a single Meltagun. They are better off as assault units (with a melta for an extra threat). I'd probably go with Power Weapon and Mark of the Wolfen.

-- mkerr

Exitus Acta Probat
09-14-2009, 04:46 AM
@Exitus Acta Probat: Glad to see the SW lists starting.
1. Njal is awesome.
2. I wouldn't use Power Fists (I don't think I'm going to have any in my SW lists - unless I can use it with MotW). Every squad should have Mark of the Wulfen -- it's a fantastic upgrade for 15pts.
3. I'm also going to skip on the Bloodclaws. The WS3 is just too low to survive additional rounds of close combat -- getting one WS3 Fist attack on round 2 sucks -- and they don't get the +2 attacks if they are counter charged. Grey Hunters are just better.
4. Scouts don't really do "melta focus" -- they can only have a single Meltagun. They are better off as assault units (with a melta for an extra threat). I'd probably go with Power Weapon and Mark of the Wolfen.
-- mkerr

yeah, sorry....I didn't post excessive details, as I didn't know what was kosher yet. 1 melta in the scouts.

I had been thinking about the wulfen, and was going to drop a few claws to generate the points necessary for a wulfen in the two hunter/scout units. The claws are a bluff/park score/counter assault unit to me. That's why I hadn't decided on the 2nd LRC/Rhino assignation yet.
I haven't decided on the fists...the rending for the wulfen is solid, but cannot count on it for vehicle busting/MC hurting..dunno yet. May dump the fist for a PW in the claws.

Duke
09-15-2009, 01:32 PM
I am going to have to agree with Mkerr on this one. Bloodclaw have been found wanting compared to Grey Hunters. I would use these guys almost every time.

Also, I don't know if you specifically want 2 LRC, and Im not sure on the points, but I would consider dropping one and picking up another Grey Hunter squad...Or even a Long Fangs pack with 2 Lascannons and 3 Hvy bolters. Just an idea.

Duke

Exitus Acta Probat
09-16-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm building a flex Longfang pack right now. Gonna toy with it a bit.

Bloodclaws really boil down to already having a unit built that is kitted out like them. Money and all. :)

Love Grey Hunters.

Have a shift in the list though,
switching out both MM/HVY FL speeders for Dbl Hvy bolter speeders. Need flex.
Also tweaking just a few points left over to nab a Wulfen in every unit. Definitely think I left myself wanting after all...I am too hard on rending after the nerf hurt my 'Nids so badly. d6+1 rending in ADDITION to all the other model's attacks in a unit is worth it for the cost.

The LRCs give me a couple of things, mobile assault being only one.
Parking on an objective with a troop on board is another, but mid field torrent of fire is something I lack in the army, until I dismount..and that should be an end game move. They help fill that gap.

I still have 9 melta(or MM) in the army after the speeder swap, so mech is mid-field managed. Debating on fiddling with the 3rd speeder.