PDA

View Full Version : cyptek wargear

Phearon
12-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Can I upgrade 5 cryptek's to harbingers of destruction and give them all eldrith lance or only one can take the upgrade. What I understand is that to upgrade you have to exchange their staff of light to the lance.???

talos
12-11-2011, 08:43 AM
All 5 can have the lance. Only one can have a pulse or a gaze of flame...

steelmage99
12-11-2011, 10:48 AM
The second you upgrade a Cryptek to a Harbinger of Destruction it automatically receives an Eldritch Lance....it is simply a part of becoming a HoD.

Slug
12-11-2011, 03:29 PM
No, you have to exchange your Staff of Light for an Eldritch Lance and so you don't have to take one.

Phearon
12-12-2011, 04:12 AM
now at the risk of looking like an idiot...how i read the cryptek rule is, you can only have one type of harbinger in your court. so you cant have 1 harbinger of destruction and another of despair in the same court. Is this right?

Drakkan Vael
12-12-2011, 09:14 AM
You can have 5 Harbingers of one kind in a court. The entry in the army list just excludes the special equipment like the harp to exist twice in one court.

Also, the Staff of light is automatically exchanged for - say an Eldrich Lance if you upgrade the Cryptek to a Harbinger. (At least the german codex says so).

Lord Anubis
12-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Also, the Staff of light is automatically exchanged for - say an Eldrich Lance if you upgrade the Cryptek to a Harbinger. (At least the german codex says so).

Yup. Look at the Destroyer entry, which uses the exact same wording for upgrading from Destroyer to Heavy Destroyer--an inherent part of the upgrade is exchanging the weapon.

thecactusman17
12-12-2011, 12:21 PM
If you want to take a cryptek and upgrade it to a Harbinger, the Staff of Light is exchanged as part of the process to whatever the new weapon is. If you want to keep that Staff of Light, you should perhaps instead just pay the extra 10 points for the Lord and get that bonus to strength and toughness.