PDA

View Full Version : Special Character Throw-Down

Prometheus
09-13-2009, 01:56 AM
What if all the Special Characters in GW got into a huge fight, who do you think would win. Every single Special Character, from Abbadon to Calgar, from Ghathrakka to Creed, who do you think would be the last man standing? (Assume that Tyranids got to use thier 3 old Special Characters: The Red Terror, Old One Eye & The Death Leaper)

Thier two ways to figured out your answer... 1) based on "fluff"/backstory of the character, 2) based on thier in-game rules.

Some friends and I have thought it out, rolled it out and math-hammered it a few times and we have gotten different charcters but a few always make it into the final bunch. Mephiston of the Blood Angels, Helbrick of the Black Templars, the head of the Dark Eldar (who I forget his name at the moment) and Old One Eye always seem to survive till the very end in game terms. In "fluff" terms its gonna be hard arguing with anyonme beating the Nightbringer or Abbadon.

Xas
09-13-2009, 03:15 AM
in game terms it would prolly end in a duel between zathkiel and anggrath.

fluff wise kairos fateweaver would win because he knows the future and could manipulate the fighting so all that is left at the end for him to finish is a weak aun-va and then claim victory :D

Diagnosis Ninja
09-13-2009, 06:10 AM
Aun'Va :P He'd die, then loads of tau would come to shoot stuff dead.

realistically though, I know he's dead, but I fancy backing Eldrad for some reason.

Andrew283
09-13-2009, 06:48 AM
I would love to say Vulkan, but probably Abbadon due to his kick *** nature

Skragger
09-13-2009, 07:02 AM
Fluffy wise, I'd bank on either the Nightbringer or the C'tan.. mostly because they are.. you know... gods.. (as opposed to just famous warriors)

Xas
09-13-2009, 07:43 AM
Fluffy wise, I'd bank on either the Nightbringer or the C'tan.. mostly because they are.. you know... gods.. (as opposed to just famous warriors)

you know that the are only _called_ gods by their serrvants? space marines not just sprout wings because they are called "Angels of Death" either :P

C'Tan are extremely vulnerable to all waprbased stuff (it basically is their cryptonite even if it works different) so every "legendary" psyker or greater deamon will easily down them.

Skragger
09-13-2009, 08:30 AM
you know that the are only _called_ gods by their serrvants? space marines not just sprout wings because they are called "Angels of Death" either :P

C'Tan are extremely vulnerable to all waprbased stuff (it basically is their cryptonite even if it works different) so every "legendary" psyker or greater deamon will easily down them.

Aye, thats true I suppose..

I'd love to watch this shindig.. some poor Etherial gets cornered by Abaddon...

Drax
09-13-2009, 08:56 AM
Sorry but skull taker on a chariot would kill any independent character. He chops off the heads of ctan night lord and puts it on his skull rack

Old_Paladin
09-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Really? There's no Ghazy love?
He's a combat monster. 5 Strength 10 attacks, plus a headbutt. Can get a 2++ save for two turns.

I think in the end, it could come down to him and Abaddon; maybe the Nightbringer too, he's dead powerful. Those are my top three.

Sangre
09-13-2009, 10:02 AM
The Emperor.

Skragger
09-13-2009, 10:38 AM
The Emperor.

What would he do? Sit there and rot at them?

entendre_entendre
09-13-2009, 11:11 AM
actually, if you followed the fluff, if someone killed the emperor, he would be reborn as the star child & PWN all.

TSINI
09-13-2009, 12:57 PM
at first i would have said Maximillion Wiesemann, because he is always mounted in his Baneblade 'Arethusa'

but after remembering when Marneus Calgar took out my baneblade in a single round of Combat (thats all 3 structure points in one go) i'm going to have to put my money on him

Emperorsmercy
09-13-2009, 12:58 PM
The Emperor.

Not at the moment, hes decaying on a chair somewhere on Terra. Even an Ethereal could take the plug out round the back. :eek: That would be interesting...

My vote, in games terms, would probably go to The beast of Armaggedon himself, although, lets all get all the special characters, paint em up and get em on the table. Now that would be a good game...

Skragger
09-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Are we counting vehicles? Such as Yarracks Baneblade? or Maximillian's?

Archon
09-13-2009, 03:46 PM
All the Chars? That must be an apocalyptic battle. Therefore Angron with his bodyguard of 8 Bloodthirsters will be the matchwinner (yes he is an Apo Datasheed). If we focus on the GW-Codex-Only chars ... I vote for Abbadon provided he rolls no 1.

But the hole thing is a lil bit unfair, because not all of the chars are battleaxe-swingers. Creed for example is chanceless vs. Skarbrand in CC but if he has some lascannons at hand, he will shoot Skari into oblivion.

Fluffwise I see The Masque as a winner. Because all we can do now is: DANCING!:p

Athlonis
09-13-2009, 04:41 PM
I'd say eldrad.

mkerr
09-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Exclusing the Forgeworld named Daemons:

If it was a free-for-all, I'd go with Fateweaver (almost impossible for another independent character to catch or kill) or St Celestine (same reasoning and if she got caught, she's probably coming back forever). Njal might also be interesting because JotWW would be nasty on a board full of independent characters, lol. (But the Master of the Ravenwing speeder would be nigh-invulnerable against special characters.)

If I had to fight in a mass melee, I'd go with Logan Grimnar, Ragnar Blackmane or Brother-Captain Stern.

If I had to pick from fluff, I'd pick Lucius the Eternal. Even if you kill him, you become him -- so he always wins.

-- mkerr

Drunkencorgimaster
09-14-2009, 05:34 AM
The Nightbringer, Abbadabbadoo, or Old One Eye might well win, but Commissar Cain would survive the fight. He would probably pretend to be dead under a pile of named-corpses.

Chaos
09-14-2009, 05:53 AM
Abbadon

ninja skills
09-14-2009, 12:52 PM
if combat only i'd say abadon, nightbringer, then skulltaker on chariot (that's just a personal favorite)

if game like, i'd go with asdrabul vect, he was the hardest game wise for a LONG time (6's to hit skimmers ouch) but rules changes and more recent SC's have moved him down the leaderboard. fateweaver and celestine for the same reasons already given.

fulff wise it could only be nightbringer then the deceiver abadon then calgar

DarkLink
09-14-2009, 09:30 PM
Meh, Abbadon's had 13 chances to take Cadia, and has failed each time. He literally couldn't fight his way out of a pocket of warp space.

Prometheus
09-14-2009, 09:41 PM
If I had to pick from fluff, I'd pick Lucius the Eternal. Even if you kill him, you become him -- so he always wins.

-- mkerr

That only happens when the victor takes pleasure in killing him. Alot of Special Chacters (Tyranids and Necrons for example) would not take pleasure in his death and therefore would not become him. Also they do not have souls for the Chaos gods to screw around with.

Zeev
09-15-2009, 12:16 AM
Who would win...No clue.

Aun'va would be dead last...and then Shadowsun...cause she would run of the board after Aun'va died.

Farsight would put up a fight...if he gets his full bodyguard....otherwise his face gets smashed...

Grumpy Ripper
09-15-2009, 03:08 AM
what about ragnar after hes been through a green tide so in theroy he could have at least 109+ base attacks take that mr hard nuts :)