PDA

View Full Version : When is 3rd ed comming

Majorcrash
01-04-2012, 07:18 PM
I am a long time player who started paying about 4 years ago. I began just as 1st ed was closing and 2nd ed began. I currently have 5 different armies ranging from my favorite Italians to my least russian infantry. I quit playing as it became apparrent to me back then that FOW was heavily weighed in the favor of the germans, I finally got tired of running into nothing but panthers and tigers (ohboy). I hate that i have all this money invested in fully painted armies and I hoping that 3rd ed will retifiy some of the problems. So back to my question when is the new ed comming out?

faolan
01-04-2012, 08:49 PM
FoW isn't 'heavily weighted' towards the Germans. Maybe you just need to rethink your approach!

On the main topic, "soon" is all I've gotten from the BF boys.

Majorcrash
01-04-2012, 09:48 PM
just out of curiosity what armies do you play, Germans perhaps? The rules favoring germans isnt my only issue. For one, artillery and aircraft are handled in an unrealistic way. In case you dont know. Artillery and Airpower are the reasons we dont speak german now. But you didnt answer my question. When is the next edition supposed to come out. :)

faolan
01-05-2012, 12:00 AM
No, air and artillery aren't the reason the whole continent of Europe doesn't speak German, it's a lot more involved than that.

While at the gaming shop earlier this week, I talked to one of the guys who worked there about 3E. He didn't know when it was coming out, so he called over to the Battlefront guys (NZ) and they said they didn't know for sure, only that it was "soonish".

As for armies: American, German, and working on a Red Tide.

Aldramelech
01-05-2012, 12:56 PM
V3 are out in February.

Majorcrash
01-05-2012, 01:46 PM
thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Bigred
02-07-2012, 12:07 AM
BoLS has heard the V3 minirulebooks are in transit in the United States. They should be hitting retailers shortly. I'd start calling this week to see if they are in.

Aldramelech
02-07-2012, 03:42 AM
Official release date is the 11th in the UK.

Enigmai
03-06-2012, 09:07 AM
I got my paperback version of 3rd 2 weeks ago, free I might add! Thank you BattleFront! Hard Back is expected at my local gameing spot this weekend!

Enigmai
03-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Majorcrash, I am curious about your issues with 2nd Edition Germans. I understand that Panthers and Tigers are something that Germans have access to (and they are tough cookies to crack) but they are able to be dealt with.

I play Germans (as well as US and Soviets) and my Panters and Tigers die all the time to artillery. So much that I use Panzer IV more often because of how much Panthers and Tigers cost in points.