PDA

View Full Version : Franklin Mills GW closing POSTPONED

Fowlplaychiken
09-14-2009, 12:25 PM
GW Franklin Mills will now close in late january due to a falure to find a new location. Im there every Wednesday (save the last wed of the month this month) all day for gaming so come on up fellas!

BilboBaggins
09-15-2009, 04:13 AM
Yea, I heard that when I was up there on Sunday.

Which armies do you play?

oni
09-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Good! I'm happy that they'll be around for awhile longer.

"falure to find a new location"

I thought they were closing up shop and that was the end of it?

BilboBaggins
09-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Good! I'm happy that they'll be around for awhile longer.

"falure to find a new location"

I thought they were closing up shop and that was the end of it?

They are closing that store because the operators of Franklin Mills wants more rent (heard some really bad percentage numbers) that GW doesnt want to pay. The only real think going for that end of the mall is the movie theater. There were three restaraunts that closed years ago and the Steve and Barry's closed there location so the big box anchor for that part of the mall has been empty for a while.

oni
09-17-2009, 10:11 AM
Yea, I'm aware of all that, but I thought that since 'moving' the store to West Chester fell through they were just going to close the store and be done with it.

fowlplaychiken's comment leads me to beleive that GW is still considering 'moving' the store rather than close it out right and there be nothing, no GW hobby center in PA at all.

BilboBaggins
09-17-2009, 01:39 PM
From what I gathered is they were hoping to open a new store with public transit access but that hasn't come through. They don't want to abandon Philly because there are a lot of gamers in the area coming in and spending money.

Fowlplaychiken
09-19-2009, 09:07 AM
I spoke to the manager at GW franklin mills when I was up there Wednesday (im there pretty much every Wednesday) and the reason for the extension is because they havent found a new store location yet and dont want to leave this area uncovered by a GW store. Plan is for 2 stores to open in the philadelphia area in the next couple months, and probably 1-2 more 6-8 months later. Every lease they have almost signed so far has fallen through so postponing GW Franklin Mills closure is buying them more time.

To answer Bilbo's question, I play Orks and Salamander Space Marines, although I used to play Space Wolves in 3rd and have been considering an offer made to me via bartertown to trade my orks for about 2500pts in Wolves. My orks are fun as hell but horde orks just are not competetive anymore. So long as I have a shootey army and a CC army, im happy :-D

oni
09-19-2009, 09:41 AM
That just made my day. Thank you!

I happen to know the perfect place to open one. I'll have to contact GW and/or tell Antonio to pass on the word. :D

Fowlplaychiken
09-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Deff should. Problem is leasing. The place just north of the city they were going to open fell through because the leaser required the store to be open 7 days a week. GW stores (non mall) are not open on Mondays, as they are run by 2 people. I forget why Westchester fell through. Regardless, you guys need to get your butt up to frankin mills on Wednesday! Im tired of playing the same 2-3 people every week:-d

oni
09-19-2009, 11:57 AM
Travelling to Franklin Mills on a weekday is a no can do for me. There's isn't enough time in the day. Although I'm gearing up to head down there today to get a peek at the new SW codex and pick up some supplies.

Fowlplaychiken
09-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Thats a pity. I am off tues and wednesdays and since Wednesday is 40k gaming day im there all day mostly every Wednesday. I can never go on Saturdays however, which stinks since I imagine there are lotsa people there on Saturdays.

A HUGE BLUNT
10-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Just close the store and be done with it? Philadelphia is way to large of a city to have no GW presence in.