PDA

View Full Version : Assault Grenades

The Twilight Fade
01-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Now this may sound like a proper beginner question but since my primary armies are tyranids and crons its not something I have much experience with.

When assaulting into cover do the entire squad have to be equipped with assault grenades in order to strike or is one enough?

I think i'm getting confused with the GK FAQ where it states something about one model in the squad carrying psychotroke/rad is enough for the entire squad.

I think I know the answer but would like some clarification please

Nachodragon
01-12-2012, 12:46 PM
It depends on the type of Grenade. Defensive grenades work with just 1 model having them, offensive grenades work on a per model basis. So, if 1 model has an offensive grenade than only that model will assault at their normal initiative, the rest of the unit will assault at init 1. Though, for crons (and any army), if a model does not need to roll for terrain, they will assault at their normal initiative. Go Wraiths!

The Twilight Fade
01-12-2012, 12:53 PM
If a model does not need to roll for terrain, they will assault at their normal initiative. Go Wraiths!

Still get to go before powerfists!!

Yeah I probably owe my friend an apology. I've been running DCA's with a priest in my sisters force and as he carries assault grenades I kinda came to the wrong conclusion

Caldera02
01-13-2012, 04:23 PM
yea every model has to have the offensive grenades. Look at the ork codex, they have to buy them individualy for every ork boy, but most people dont do that because striking at I3 on the charge into cover isn't much of an improvement.

Angelofblades
01-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Don't assume that defensive and offensive grenades follow the same properties as GK special grenades. They don't. The Rulebook specifically lists how defensive and assault grenades work. The GK codex with an FAQ lists how the GK special grenades work