PDA

View Full Version : Tag Teams

Latro_
07-31-2009, 02:30 PM
What are your tag team units and why? That is units which work well as a pair and compliment each other on the table top?

Andrew283
07-31-2009, 02:38 PM
Broodlord and Uberstealer retinue kill EVERYTHING WITHOUT FAIL!

chachi
07-31-2009, 03:02 PM
Lately I've been using a Daemon Prince w/ wings and Chaos Raptors retinue (with 2x Meltas and Champ with 2xLCs and Meltabombs). It makes for a quick moving unit that can be used for vehicle hunting or lighting assault.

Brambleten
07-31-2009, 03:26 PM
my favourite unit combo at the moment is a terminator chaplain backed up by 10 power weapon toting vanguard, all being driven around in a Land Raider Redeemer. if the flamestorm cannons dont get you, the power weapons will :)

Jwolf
07-31-2009, 03:46 PM
Lately I've been using a Daemon Prince w/ wings and Chaos Raptors retinue (with 2x Meltas and Champ with 2xLCs and Meltabombs). It makes for a quick moving unit that can be used for vehicle hunting or lighting assault.

A Daemon Prince cannot join units, as it is not an Independent Character. So you mean they hang out together, but the Raptors don't really form a unit with the DP.

Wolfshade
08-01-2009, 02:56 AM
Not sure if this really counts as two units, but Dante w/ honour guard (unit 1) and Corbulou leading a Death Company (unit 2)

VulkansApprentice
08-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Multi-melta attack bikes and vindicator. Two attack bikes with 2x TL MM (Salamanders) pop open any transport, forcing the occupants out for the blast. This worked very well at 'Ard Boyz (hence, how I took 3rd), my favorite being a turn 2 kill of a Berserker squads' rhino, followed by the vindicator shot killing all 8 of the squad.

AsgeirArnald
08-01-2009, 12:35 PM
A squad of 5 chaos terminators all upgraded to aspiring champions with pairs of lightning claws in a land raider flanked by 2 rhinos each with a squad of 10 khorne berserkers.

Cereal n' Milk
08-01-2009, 05:10 PM
chaos lord with mark of slaanesh, wings, daemon wep, with raptors and 10 noise marines 9 sonic blasters 1 blastmaster

BuFFo
08-01-2009, 11:56 PM
The combo I pioneered months ago.

Callidus and the Psyker Battle Squad.

Ever want to insta kill a Carnifex with a single shot? a unit of 10 Plague Marines? 8 Nob bikers? All of which I have done, plus tons of others awesome kills?

Then you will want to try this combo. Very awesome.

Very.

CaptainSinon
08-02-2009, 11:59 AM
i have a couple..

Black templars
terminator chaplain +l/claws + 10 termies + l.claws + furious charge
add vow which gives you preffered enemy :)

Orks
Ghazghkull + 10 nobz in a trukk - devastating...

evil_bryan
08-02-2009, 12:58 PM
I don't know if this is my favorite combo, but certainly my favorite (and necessary) for my current army; Plaguebearer and Bloodletters. The Plaguebearer are durable enough to hold most units in place to guide a bloodletter squad with thier icon and live for a turn while the Bloodletters wait for their next turn charge.

TwoKill
08-02-2009, 08:50 PM
My favorite is Sergeant telion and an iron clad dreadnought. Telion takes out the power fist sergeant in the unit and the dreadnought cleans up the rest. Nothing is scarier then armor too powerful to kill and having all your heavy weapons and power fists being picked off one by one.

fallen_star
08-03-2009, 01:56 AM
pask in a vanquisher supporting my air cav. While the valkyries bombard the enemy pask picks off the enemy armour or uses the 3hvy bolter with crack shot to ferret out dug in infantry.

Diagnosis Ninja
08-03-2009, 05:12 AM
My favorite is Sergeant telion and an iron clad dreadnought. Telion takes out the power fist sergeant in the unit and the dreadnought cleans up the rest. Nothing is scarier then armor too powerful to kill and having all your heavy weapons and power fists being picked off one by one.

My marines suddenly love you... Mostly, I plan on having my Telion kill commissars in Guard platoons, and taking a bunch of sniper shots to try and force a pinning test or two through on LD7.

I quite like using Pavane of Slaanesh, usually on the Masque, and using it like a reverse fleet for Bloodletters. Shame you can't stack a couple of hits on one unit, but still, can be pretty annoying for others.

Does putting Burna Boyz in a trukk, and zipping them in count? :P

icecube
08-03-2009, 06:39 AM
In my orc army i use 5 meganobz and a KFF mek, all in a trukk. They don`t really do anything else than drive forvard one turn, get their trukk blown to bitz and suck a lot of fire. That is exactly what makes them great: high survivable unit that your oponent just canīt ignore. All the vile my boyz run into position without being killed by enemy ordnance

SinCollector
08-04-2009, 10:22 AM
Broodlord and Uberstealer retinue kill EVERYTHING WITHOUT FAIL!

Late reply, but the SM Captain with command squad on bikes I ran for fun this weekend would beg to differ. :D

Latro_
08-05-2009, 03:28 AM
My marines suddenly love you... Mostly, I plan on having my Telion kill commissars in Guard platoons, and taking a bunch of sniper shots to try and force a pinning test or two through on LD7.

I quite like using Pavane of Slaanesh, usually on the Masque, and using it like a reverse fleet for Bloodletters. Shame you can't stack a couple of hits on one unit, but still, can be pretty annoying for others.

Does putting Burna Boyz in a trukk, and zipping them in count? :P

Ooo thats sneaky, However the sergeants still make the unit LD8 no?

Xas
08-05-2009, 12:12 PM
my favourite teams are:

gaunts or shooty warriors combined with a squad of feeder stealers right behind it.
the first squad catches an enemy by beeing charged and then the stealers kill them.

reaver battle titan kitted out with full anti-armor/titan weaponry (usually triple-laser, meltagun and vortex missile) and a warhound with weapons against small stuff. the warhound uses the reaver to get cover against dangerous long range ordnance while clearing the vicinity of titan-killing suicide squads. with it's back covered the reaver can freely kill heavy armored targets at will withouit worrying for anti-titan squads.

thecactusman17
08-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Daemon-quisitor w/ 2x mystics, 20-man sisters of Battle squad, 2x meltas and veteran.

This is a planetstrike combo that is utterly rape-tastic. Makes about half of the high-end armies unusable on a normal 6x4 board or less. Especially if you put two of them on the table. The end result tends to be that your opponent can only safely enter from the far board edge, where you can pelt him to death or prepare traps to funnel him down a kill corridor.

ZenPaladin
08-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Pathfinders + Broadsides

Reroll 2+ hitting, no cover save getting, armor smashing fun for your whole family.

:D