PDA

View Full Version : Rules for Assault Terminators??

imperialsavant
09-14-2009, 07:27 PM
:confused: G'day Folks! I know I should know this but I dont!

With Assault Terminators who do not have any weapons for Shooting, can they Assault from Deep Striking or a Drop Pod or only from a Land Raider Crusader which specifically allows Assault when disembarking?

It seems weird if an Assault only unit cannot do what its designed to do & must withstand a round of shooting by standing around like "stunned Mullets" ( an Australian saying!) once it arrives.

Whats the consensus folks? :rolleyes:

Jwolf
09-14-2009, 08:01 PM
They cannot assault after Deep Striking. Use their arrival turn to run towards the enemy and spread out a bit.

Ming
09-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Unfortunately true. Deep strikers cannot assault...:mad:

sorienor
09-14-2009, 09:24 PM
Not being able to shoot is a small price to pay for a 2+/3+ save...:rolleyes:

DarkLink
09-14-2009, 09:32 PM
It's a little thing called "game balance". Have to give those poor tau a chance to use those oversized guns of theirs.

imperialsavant
09-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Not being able to shoot is a small price to pay for a 2+/3+ save...:rolleyes:

:( Except if you are a non Codex Chapter like Black Templars etc & then its 2+/5+ !:rolleyes:

Culven
09-15-2009, 07:47 AM
IMHO, Assault Terminators work best in a Land Raider where they can hide from enemy shooting whilst racing for their lines. With a Crusader or Redeemer, they also have "frag grenades" the turn they assault from it, in case one is impatient for their turn to squish the enemy.

sketchesofpayne
09-17-2009, 10:55 AM
In my Salamanders army I have Vulkan ride with a squad of assault terminators in a land raider Redeemer. Whatever they charge dies!

Also of note, I bring 3 thunder hammer and 2 lightning claw assault terminators. That gives me 3 3+ invulnerable saves in the squad and 8 attacks at initiative 4 on the charge.

Lerra
09-17-2009, 11:34 AM
If you want to bring assault terminators down in a drop pod, I would recommend running 3 drop pods in the army and dropping 2 very close together first turn.

Assault terminators with friends to support them will survive to get into combat. Assault terminators by themselves often get shot up too badly to be effective (2-3 terminators can't do much by themselves - it's not enough attacks). I run Deathwing so I have two squads of terminators come in as close together as I can manage, and it works much better than sending one unit in alone.