PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Clan Skree Tournament Army

Dominic
01-22-2012, 01:19 PM
After much re-working of my list I have hopefully what should be a pretty solid 1500 Clan Skree tournament army list:

1500 Clan Skree

Lords

Grey Seer (General)
- Earthing Rod
- Talisman of Protection
He’s just a pretty cheap and standard Grey Seer; the rod allows him to avoid a costly miscast and the talisman to give him some sort of protection. I like to give him the spells of ruin as since the Engineer will always have lightning he has a good chance of getting the rest of the best spells from the lore (as well as substituting one spell for skitterleap to send the warlock engineer targeting war-machines)

Heroes

Warlock Engineer
- Lvl 1
- Warp-Energy Condenser
Designed to be skitterleaped around firing off warp-lightning and hopefully generating an extra power dice.

Chieftain
- BSB
- Enchanted Shield
Standard BSB with the enchanted shield to give him a 3+ save

Core

x30 Clanrats
- Spears
- Shields
- Standard Bearer
- Musician
Designed to run into and hold opposing tarpits; nothing too special here

x28 Clanrats
- Shields
- Standard Bearer
- Musician
Bunker for the Grey Seer and where the Warlock Engineer will start out (before he is skitterleaped off)

x29 Stormvermin
- Shields
- Musician
- Standard Bearer
- Banner of Eternal Flame
Main hammer unit (if you can call it that); the BSB goes here to alowl this unit to be a bit more independent. Has the banner so it can deal with any units with regen saves

x5 Giant Rats w/ Packmaster
Rat dart designed to help with deployment placement and to act as a redirector

x5 Giant Rats w/ Packmaster
Same as above

x40 Slaves
- Musician
Relatively big unit of slaves designed to stay close to the general and hold enemy units until the said unit can be flanked (probably by the stormvermin or the Grey Seer’s unit)

Rare

Doomwheel

Plagueclaw Catapult

Warp-Lightning Cannon
I think all the rare choices are pretty self-explanatory really. There is no Abomb (and will be no Abomb) in this list as while I do think they are a great unit there is no way I’m bringing one to a 1500 event, just doesn’t seem fair in a way (even if it is a competitive event). Between them I should be able to cause enough damage

TOTAL = 1495

Basically the army works by using the warmachines and my magic to damage and distraction while my other units just clean up whatever is left; not a typical sure forward and tarpit Skaven (at least not at 1500). While I appreciate that my numbers may be a little short for Skaven I still should outnumber most armies at 1500 and I’ve got the warmahcine support to back it up (which does fit in with the Clan Skree full).

So! What do you think?