PDA

View Full Version : Melta-Bombs & Planetstrike

imperialsavant
09-14-2009, 09:31 PM
:confused:
Two part question here Folks!
1) I have always presumed when you pay for Melta Bombs for a unit be it 2pts/5pts etc you only get ONE melta bomb per member.
Over the weekend one of our club members claimed you get multiple Bombs per model like Krak or Frag Grenades.

2) In Planetstrike if you attack a Bastion with Melta Bombs you "Hit" it automatically as per the Rule for assaulting a vehicle that has not moved.

Would appreciate your thoughts!

SeattleDV8
09-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Melta bombs usee the same rules, pg.63, as frag and krak (with different AP values)
You can use one per turn for the entire game.
Bastions are treated like immobilised vehicles, so yes they are auto-hit.pg 79

mercer
09-15-2009, 05:04 AM
melta bombs are generally brought for a sgt, though some units do say all models like I.G vets. Best to check the codex on that one. If it is for a marine sgt, the codex says the sergeant has them only, doesn't say entire unit.

It says in the rule book that grenades need to be clamped on so each model only makes one attack regardless of how many attacks are in the profile.

Most bastions are immobilised, so auto hit as mentioned by seattledv8.

therealjohnny5
09-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Yes it's one attack per person with Melta bombs...which as mentioned earlier is usually sgts. However with Marines the Vangaurd Vets can all take MB's which make them diesel at destroying Bastions. especially with a chaplain.

Nabterayl
09-15-2009, 12:07 PM
:confused:
Two part question here Folks!
1) I have always presumed when you pay for Melta Bombs for a unit be it 2pts/5pts etc you only get ONE melta bomb per member.
Over the weekend one of our club members claimed you get multiple Bombs per model like Krak or Frag Grenades.

If a model has purchased melta bombs, it never runs out of them. Nothing in the rulebook or any codex implies that melta bombs are a one-shot weapon. You'll notice that the codex permits you to purchase melta bombs, not a melta bomb.