PDA

View Full Version : Tomb King 2200pt for tournament

Skari
01-28-2012, 10:33 AM
This is a mock up list of what I want to run for the tournament (props to Legion of Setep for assistance on my twitter @Skari2)

HLP Lv 4 - Earthing Rod Hiero

Lv 2 Scroll Light
Lv 2 Light

20 Bow, Banner musician
20 Bow, Banner musician
6 Chariots Banner flame banner
5 Horse Archers
5 Horsemen

3 Knights
1 Warcat with roar

2 SSC's
1 Hierotitan
1 Casquet

Thoughts? I have about 30 pts to play with and a limited number of additional models.

Skari
02-01-2012, 03:01 PM
version 2:
Lords-
HLP Lv 4- Earthing Rod Hiero, ironcurse icon

Heroes-
Lv2 Scroll Light
Tomb Prince Chariot Sword of Striking Armour of Fortune Dragonbane Gem Shield

Core-
20 Bow, Banner musician
6 Chariots Banner flame banner
5 Horse Archers
10 Bowmen

3 Carrion
3 Knights
1 Warcat with roar

2 SSC's
1 Hierotitan
1 Casquet

Thoughts?

Chronowraith
02-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Glad to see you dropped the Horsemen and added the Tomb Prince.

Without adding any models to your list I'd probably break the unit of 20 bows into 2 more units of 10, both with musicians. Give one unit a standard. If you still want the unit of 20 as a bunker though, that's fine.

I'm curious what your plans for carrion are? You already have horse archers for dealing with scouts, war machines, and the redirect...

I'm not a fan of the Heirotitan but that's just me. It fits fine with your list I'd rather have another War Kitty. Personal choice.

No Musician on the chariots?

Otherwise it looks like a decent list. Bowmen + Constructs is a popular choice for Tomb Kings.

Skari
02-01-2012, 08:01 PM
@ Chrono: Thanks a lot for the comment, much appreciated.
On your points:
- As for splitting the archer units, I am considering 2 units of 15 (one for each caster), with a banner in each as well to help with Blood and Glory.
- The carrion can also be used as redirecters and in the right scenario as warmachine hunters. The thing I like about them is that they can fly over my own units to deal with situations that are unforseen over the course of the game, also for 2 points more than 5 horse archers, they have one more wound, higher toughness, and better damage output in cc.
- I -LOVE- the hierotitan... that +D3 to cast is fantastic... an extra thunderstomp in cc is not bad as well the bound items that it has, the shems burning gaze is a great magic missile and I have killed off quite a good number of characters with that spirit leech. (but I would put in a second warcat if I had one, thats for sure!)
- No musician on the chariots... they are usually point and click... If I have to swift reform them I probably deployed them horribly wrong and deserve to pay for it... as for combats I have not found it to be as needed... (basically after extensive playtesting... I dont miss having it in the unit)

Bowmen and constructs is awesome... my dream list would be:
Archers
Chariots
2 warcats
2 units of knights
+
support

and thats it.

Cheers!

Chronowraith
02-01-2012, 10:47 PM
I run a list that is pretty close to your dream list.

1 Block of skeletons for some rank love
2 units of bowmen
1 unit of chariot
1 unit of horse archers
1 Knights
2 warcats
1 Necrosphinx
+ Characters and anything else you can throw in there.

LukePreston
02-02-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm a massive fan of Tomb Guard personally - kitted out with halberds. I usually stick a prince in there but my friend uses Ramhotep in there and he's had alot of success with them.
Casket, Lvl 4 and a couple of lvl2's definitely. I love the Necrosphinx and Necropolis Knights always do well for me.
I'm unsure on archers though - all mine seem to do is give more wounds to my wizards.