PDA

View Full Version : 1250 Dark Eldar V Grey Knights

Master Bryss
02-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Well, my good regular opponent Cyberscape7 finally went and got himself a blog, and so to celebrate I let him write up one of our bat-reps. Here it is:

1250 Dark Eldar V Grey Knights. (http://cyberscape7-randombitz.blogspot.com/2012/02/1250-dark-eldar-v-grey-knights.html)

Marcus Scipio
03-21-2012, 07:10 PM
I play DE and didn't think he had much of a chance... Well played on his part!

DarkLink
03-21-2012, 08:26 PM
You took a psilencer? You actually took a psilencer? Really? I don't want to sound rude, but... well, I've literally never seen anyone take one. They're horrible. Even moreso on power armor guys. Terminators could at least move and shoot, not that you should ever buy anything but a psycannon.

Anyways, there are a ton of wasted points in your list. Why Mastery Level 3 when you'll virtually never use more than 2 powers a turn? Why a Warding Stave on the Strike Squad rather than the Terminators, your assault unit? Why Falchions on, well, anything? And there's no need for Psybolt Ammo on everything in your list. Str 5 is nice, but not that nice. Drop it on the Librarian, Rhino, Terminators and use those 30pts somewhere else.

You may or may not have the models, but here's a trimmed version of the list:
Librarian, Might, Sanctuary, Shrouding, Quicksilver

5 Purifiers, 2 Psycannons*, 2 Halberds, 1 Hammer**
Razorback, TLAC, Psybolts

5 Terminators, Stave, Psycannon, Thawn***

10 GKSS, 2 Psycannons, Hammer, Psybolts
Rhino

Psyrifle Dread

Total: 1149

Just saved you 100 pts. That's two more Terminators, or better yet in this case drop the Stave in the Terminators and Psybolts in the GKSS and get a second Psyrifle Dread.

*Yeah, Incinerators are pretty good. But Psycannons are flat-out better in so many ways. Use Cleansing Flame to fight hordes, not Incinerators.

**A hammer in every squad. Everyone defends Irontown****.

***Never used Thawn, I'll just assume he's worth it since I really don't know.

****Kudos if you get that reference.

Marcus Scipio
03-22-2012, 06:50 AM
You took a psilencer? You actually took a psilencer? Really? I don't want to sound rude, but... well, I've literally never seen anyone take one. They're horrible. Even moreso on power armor guys. Terminators could at least move and shoot, not that you should ever buy anything but a psycannon..

If you look at the DE list you'll see that they are both playing lists that don't fit the "common wisdom" of being totally optimized. Makes for a fun game between a couple of friends.

DarkLink
03-22-2012, 11:26 AM
I know, I was just like "wait, someone actually took a psilencer"? Genuine shock.

Fxeni
03-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Why the Psybolt ammo on the Rhino? Granted, it's only a few pts, but it could be better spent elsewhere?

Edit: NVM, noticed the "Friendly game!" post, my mistake. :P