PDA

View Full Version : Lootas in Battlewagon

Nogg
09-15-2009, 03:11 PM
If I have 15 lootas i my battlewagon, and keep it still. Can everyone fire, even if my target is only visible by a small portion of the hull ?

-Cheers

Culven
09-15-2009, 04:01 PM
Possibly. You may need LOS from the Troops compartment, and I wouldn't be able to determine that without seeing the models on the table.

Nabterayl
09-15-2009, 04:43 PM
Possibly. You may need LOS from the Troops compartment

Strictly speaking, you don't. Page 70:

Open-topped vehicles do not have specific fire points. Instead, all passengers in an open-topped vehicle may fire, measuring range and line of sight from the hull of the vehicle.

In a friendly game, I would probably want to measure at least line of sight from the troop bay of an open-topped transport. But strictly speaking, yes, all fifteen lootaz can fire from the corner of the left fender. I'm sure it's an amusing sight ;)

mercer
09-16-2009, 05:16 AM
As mentioned, LOS from firing of vehicles which are open topped is done from the hull. So all lootas can fire.

Culven
09-16-2009, 09:12 AM
OK. So Battlewagons are Open-Topped. I didn't know that. That would remove the need for LOS from the Troop Compartment.

Churlton
09-16-2009, 09:22 AM
OK. So Battlewagons are Open-Topped. I didn't know that. That would remove the need for LOS from the Troop Compartment.

They are open-topped (therefore +1 to the damage roll) as long as you haven't taken the Armoured Top enhancement.

Korsun
09-18-2009, 12:36 AM
Can the Loota Boys shot if the Battlewagon moves? Vehicle moving and shooting rules :
Combat speed - 1 weapon.
Cruising speed - no weapon.
Flat out - N/A.

DarkLink
09-18-2009, 02:47 AM
If the vehicle doesn't move, then the passengers may fire as many guns as they can stick out the top of the vehicle.

If the vehicle moves at combat speed, then the passengers may still fire, but count as moving (so no heavy weapons unless the passengers are relentless).

If the vehicle moves at cruising speed, no passengers may fire.

Culven
09-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Can the Loota Boys shot if the Battlewagon moves? Vehicle moving and shooting rules :
Combat speed - 1 weapon.
Cruising speed - no weapon.
Flat out - N/A.
The number of weapons the vehicle may fire has no bearing on whether the transported unit may ffire nor how many weapons they may fire.