PDA

View Full Version : GIVEAWAY: Cipher Studios Morrigan Challenge

Bigred
02-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Here is the thread for the Morrigan - Cipher Studios Giveaway.

Details below for all you entrants:

Cipher Studios wants you BoLS readers a chance to win a free Morrigan model just for saying you like Anima Tactics. Here's how to enter.

Her origins are a mystery. She is a legend among legends, a being out of dark tales that roams the earth in physical form. The most widely believed myth is that she is one of the nine great demon queens, born in ancient times from a distortion in existence that gave her consciousness. However, this may simply be another of the many stories inspired by her thousands of years of existence.

This beautiful model is the largest piece in the Anima Tactics line. A sixty dollar value, Morrigan is cast in metal and sculpted in extreme detail. She makes a stunning addition to any miniature collection when she’s not tearing up the battlefield as part of the Sameal Organization in Anima: Tactics.

How to Win:

To enter to win a Free Morrigan Model, please leave a comment in this BoLS Lounge thread telling us what your favorite Anima: Tactics or Hell Dorado model is.

We will announce the winner February 11th.

energongoodie
02-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Augustinus Raimond

He looks like a double hard bad *** and is beautifully sculpted.

wittdooley
02-05-2012, 02:05 PM
So many options to chose from. I'm personally a big fan of the demons Samael mini. Really well executed.

Soulblight
02-05-2012, 04:15 PM
My personal favourite is the Demon of Gluttony.

I mean, theres something really terrifying with model. You can see that the creator knew what he was doing when he sat in his dark labratory. (Personally i think of it as gloomy and with cages all around. Deathmetal pumpin out from big speakers and all lighted up in a dark green light.)

Yeah... that model oozes fear and is surely something i would never wanna see come to life..

DanteSuper
02-05-2012, 04:15 PM
The Colonel. I love the fire!

hjorhrafn
02-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Morrigan is actually my favourite of the line. Something very menacing.

weeble1000
02-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Deserters

I really like those models. They're certainly not the craziest looking models in the Heldorado range, but I like the grim, liked in look of those models.

On the other side of things, I am also a big fan of Bran Carnoth. He's a mean-looking dude, and I love the way his chainmail is hooked into his skin.

Ranma
02-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Celia is my fav.

Shadow Puppet
02-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Shinigami Ayl is my favorite. I feel it matches the concept art the best and I really like the pose of the model.

Tezerel
02-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Hands down my favorite model is Ligori! I was a lurker on the Anima Tactics forums for a long time, interested in the game but not sure what to think. Then I randomly found a Ligori model for the Azur Alliance on sale, and nearly a year later I'm fully converted to the way of Anima Tactics.

Spellscape
02-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Tarik ibn Malik from Helldorado
from Anima believe it or not - Morrigan

zerg0s
02-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Hard to decide, they do feature a lot of nice models. Helldorado at least. Never really cared much about Anima.
Kuan Yin or the Great Damned One of the Wrath

Never played Kuan (actually never played Helldorado at all since I only just got into the hobby and for my taste Helldorado has waaaaay to much skin that wants to be painted), never saw her getting played but... well, I allways liked Naga/Snakepeople. While her... bareness kinda bugs me (my place looks creepy enough without naked monsterchicks staring down on trespassers) and none of her faction buddies realy appeal to me, I just love the way this one sculpted/looks.

As for the Great Damned One... he's big, he's angry and he's wearing people. What not to like about it? Although I doubt I'll ever be able to paint him in a reasonably goodlooking way, I almost got started with Helldorado to be able to field a group of him and his lesser bretheren.

If I realy had to decide between them, I'd propably go with the angry one.

Walls
02-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Vorenus for sure. That model is so bonkers. The more I look at it, the more I see about it.

Cereal n' Milk
02-05-2012, 06:48 PM
High Arbiter Aizen from Azur Alliance

Dalazer
02-05-2012, 06:50 PM
I am a fan of the Great Damned One, but Morrigan is dang nice!

scrap square
02-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Demon of gluttony all the way

Blkswrdsman
02-05-2012, 07:43 PM
My favorite Anima tactics model is Shinigami Ayl. She is sleek, elegant, sexy and due to the scythe factor she is t be feared. She is responsible for my collection of Anima models. I wouldn't have gotten into the game if it wasn't for her. She is also the wall paper on my desktop.
No, not enamored in the least:rolleyes:

St.Germaine
02-05-2012, 07:57 PM
It's a toss up for me - the Succubus or Tarik ibn Malik. If I had to pick one it would be Tarik.

syderwarp
02-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Tsilla
is one of my favs too many to pick just one really. But that would be my choice.
:D

mafiacheese
02-05-2012, 10:19 PM
I always liked The Colonel. Seems there was a cool sniper girl back in the day but I couldn't find her...

Shin40K
02-05-2012, 10:51 PM
I personally enjoy the Model XII.
Something about Wissenschaft has a lot of interesting models, and their fluff is decent enough.

Archleone
02-05-2012, 11:37 PM
I think the Morrigan sculpt is probably the most beautiful model the Anima line has put out, but my personal favorite would have to be Tsubasa Kuokami.

Desaster
02-06-2012, 12:49 AM
My favorite is the Damné De La Gourmandise Obèse, don't ask me what the english name is :)

It's this nightmare:
http://helldorado.fr/factions/les-demons/damne-de-la-gourmandise-obese/index.php

Just disturbing. :D

Nave
02-06-2012, 12:56 AM
Greiver is great, the pose is quite dynamic!

AnEnemy
02-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Hiro is currently my favorite. If I win my favorite will most certainly switch to Morrigan. Not the least owed to it being a fantastic sculpt.

Darog
02-06-2012, 01:22 AM
Samael, l'ange combattant! yepp!

ElfSpeaker
02-06-2012, 03:05 AM
One of my favorite models is Bael, she's sexy and fun to paint.

dulesjoe
02-06-2012, 03:17 AM
It a fine sculpt...would love to paint this thing

InForS1k
02-06-2012, 03:37 AM
I like the model of the Colonel, it is interesting to look colored and resembles Roy Mustang from the Fullmetal Alchemist =)

Releaser...
02-06-2012, 06:17 AM
Ophiel for me, awesome model but i have yet to see Morrigan from up close. I I had been planning to get her along with a bunch of other Samael figures when i got the chance and the money but she is currently out of stock. :(

P.S. I did everything asked to maximize the winning chance i have (since usernames might be different than Facebook names etc, i thought i should mention it in case there's a need for confirmation).

Thiazi
02-06-2012, 06:18 AM
Zaaxan
You can never go wrong with a sword that big.

Jalbar
02-06-2012, 06:18 AM
I love the steampunk look of Grimorium. Menacing and unstoppable war machine coming to kick some rear!

Strivos
02-06-2012, 07:54 AM
Actually Morrigan is pretty freaken sweet. In the box it looks really cool even without paint. I think I would paint it up in light greys and icy blues and super pale skin tones ;)

allisdust
02-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Tough call; I'm a sucker for Kerberos though. He's not the best model by a longshot, but his flavor and abilities are cool.

wittdooley
02-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Jesus. Seems that me and energon are the only people in the thread with more than 50 posts. WHO ARE ALL OF YOU PEOPLE!?

zcynthr
02-06-2012, 09:01 AM
My favorite model is Grimorium, for that hulking, nearly invulnerable Shadow of the Colossus feel. Plus, those arms are some of the few reasonably believable weapons that function as both ranged and melee in models I've come across.

Sarsemn
02-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Konosuke would have to be my favorite. He was the first 'large' model released for the game, and as such always left an impression on me that he is just brimming with unstoppable power. His rules help with that too!

Benkei
02-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Favourite mini at the moment is the Saracen Fire Efreet

GentleBen
02-06-2012, 11:00 AM
I love the steampunk look of Grimorium. Menacing and unstoppable war machine coming to kick some rear!

My favorite model is Grimorium, for that hulking, nearly invulnerable Shadow of the Colossus feel. Plus, those arms are some of the few reasonably believable weapons that function as both ranged and melee in models I've come across.

That's my favorite as well.

For everyone who hasn't seen him:

https://cipher-studios.com/store/images/grimorium_tactics%20sm.jpg

fuzzbuket
02-06-2012, 11:06 AM
my fave model is al'djinn
http://www.arcaneminiatures.co.uk/miniatures-detail.asp?ID=35152
its just soo cool!

@wittdooley
sigh am i the only person with above 200 posts in this thread :P
anyways most of these people are here for the contest

Crimzzen
02-06-2012, 11:35 AM
I must say I'm a fan of the Demon of Gluttony!

kirara
02-06-2012, 11:58 AM
My favorite is pretty much any of the pretty Asian girls but if I had to pick I'd say Kujaku.
Love most of the Anima line.

desimon
02-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Right now my favorite Helldorado model is Anna Bogna Pavlova!

Deadestdai
02-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Personally I like the Fallen Angel Dinah fig. In my opinion rarely has a finely detailed design actually been executed so well in it's sculpt.

wittdooley
02-06-2012, 12:50 PM
my fave model is al'djinn
http://www.arcaneminiatures.co.uk/miniatures-detail.asp?ID=35152
its just soo cool!

@wittdooley
sigh am i the only person with above 200 posts in this thread :P
anyways most of these people are here for the contest

Seems so, right? Would love to see an "active users" contest, BoLS. Going to leave a pretty salty taste if the winner is a one-post wonder :D

Stepfan
02-06-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm actually going to go with that Morrigan. She looks fantastic! I love that big monster dog she's riding on, and she's got a great look as well. I currently don't play the games, but the model it tempts me.

Lol, I just realized in almost a year this is my first post... I read this site all the time, just never contribute.

MaddGame
02-06-2012, 01:25 PM
My favorite Character is Tokanosuke I really like his menacing pose and the dark paint scheme the studio painters gave him.

buttons mcboomboom
02-06-2012, 01:56 PM
all of them, but augustas raymond is def the best.

gohkm
02-06-2012, 02:50 PM
The Legacy of Solomon. That's one bad-looking mecha. And he's got that "come get me and I'll mow you down" pose, as if nothing really poses a threat to him.

mriches
02-06-2012, 03:47 PM
This piece is beautiful! I wanna win it, I wanna build it, and then I wanna paint it.

Houghten
02-06-2012, 03:50 PM
I noticed, when I was making my shortlist, that all of the candidates were Hell Dorado models. I'm not sure if that means anything... anyway, the best of the lot has got to be Ringhioso. It's just... I'm not sure I have the words for it. It looks like it's thinking, "if I can't get a really big cup of coffee, then perhaps you'll do instead."

evil-the-crusade
02-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Samiel the black lion. Anima tactics.
I've been playing this game for 4 years, and this mini is the most OP in the game, with a clear difference. Apart from that, the mini is super fun to paint ( not so much to build, but you get around it). Overall a must have if you play that game with Darkness ( i'm translating from spanish here so this might be a little off) or empire.

On the side of the game just a quick note. This game has litteraly 0 minutes of learnig curve, I've shown this game to many people and they even win in the first game because it's so easy to learn.

deadpool002
02-06-2012, 07:42 PM
For me the model was XII that model sold me on buying models from the Anima Tactics.

Love the cloak movement. I'm a sucker for hooded figures too. Sold on it and bought the moment I saw it.

Scaryscarymushroom
02-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Anima Tactics:

I like Bael! She's fun to paint and the sculpt looks great.

I really want a Morrigan miniature. :3
I've wanted one for years. The model hasn't even been out for years!

Jack The Scot
02-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Cordelia Rosalind. Can't beat an evening gown and a sniper rifle.

The Dread Polack
02-06-2012, 10:59 PM
My favorite Anima Tactics mini, so far, is Nahimana.

Pensman
02-07-2012, 12:06 AM
High Arbiter Aizen is the greatest!

silks
02-07-2012, 03:54 AM
Nero, badass model

MeatPuppet
02-07-2012, 06:26 AM
Happily enough for me the Morrigan is actually my favourite Anima Tactics model, the level of detail is amazing and it just has real gravitas.

It's just a shame that it's so difficult to find people willing to try the ruleset :S

Oh well, fingers crossed for me ;P

Fafnir
02-07-2012, 07:33 AM
Have to say favorite model is The Legacy of Solomon, i love all the gears and am waiting for the new one to come out.

lfhoule
02-07-2012, 09:14 AM
I have so many favorite minis from the Anima Tactics line, but push comes to shove, I would have to say I like Rayne the most, followed closely by the female Wissenshaft agent.

charberus
02-07-2012, 09:59 AM
I got into Anima Tactics because I saw one look at Ophiel and thought how awesome he looked. Then, I saw Dark Sun Faction and loved it so much I started buying the faction minis. Since Hunter Type-012 came out, that has become my favorite.

Cadfan
02-07-2012, 11:22 AM
My favorite Anima Tactics miniature? That's surprisingly difficult.

I went with Church, because its mostly badasses in trench coats and gorgeous women in robes.

And Azriel is the best trench coat clad badass miniature I've seen in ages.

So he's my choice. Azriel.

Takao
02-07-2012, 01:37 PM
All Anima Tactics miniature are great but my favorite mini is Karios couse of his fluff.

Freylis
02-07-2012, 02:28 PM
My favourite Hell Dorado miniature by far is Kuan Yin; she was the reason I got into the game in the first place. So, even if I don't win the competition, I'd like to request that Cipher re-release her soon! :)

GaRgo
02-08-2012, 06:22 AM
Bael is my favorite. She remind me lady gaga:)

BatPiran
02-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Morrigan is my favorite miniature from Anima tactics range, and Immortals snake-woman from Hell Dorado range!

RogueGarou
02-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Maria is my favorite model in the Anima Tactics line. The model is sexy and it has the Reaper in it. I am reminded of the line from Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey... "Whether you're a king or a lowly street sweeper, Sooner or later, everyone dances with the Reaper."

Narceron
02-09-2012, 01:06 PM
To be honest, Morrigan. This is the only model I've seen from this company and it is beautiful. Can I have it, now?

Lockark
02-09-2012, 10:04 PM
I've been a huge fan of the demon modles from Hell Dorado, and the Succubus is one of my favourites. I remember all the littel details I would never catch the 1st time in it. Was great.

hopkinscourt
02-10-2012, 10:36 AM
My favourite Anima Tactics figure would be Iosara- an Empire Dark Warrior, she/he is very enigmatic and the sculpt captures the artwork perfectly, Iosara is also an interesting character to play with many unique skills. I have a large collection of Samiel Anima tactics figures and would love to win Morrigan to complete my current Samiel force & see the look on my opponents face when she is fielded! I paint all my opponents Empire, Azur alliance & Wissenschaft miniatures and it would be interesting to see how they would counter Morrigan! :D

David-K

Releaser...
02-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Please do tell us who's getting the beauty, don't torture us any longer.:p:p:p

Bigred
02-16-2012, 01:23 PM
We have a winner...

Drumroll please.....

SILKS!!!!!!

Releaser...
02-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Congratulations to the winner!