PDA

View Full Version : So I'm empting boxes...

Bon_Vivant
09-15-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm moved a few times in my life. But I've allways been a gamer. For ... I guess 31 years...Gulp! :eek: Darn I'm old.

But I found a box of Rogue trader marines and a box of RT orks, still in shrink! I'd like to come up with some estimation of their value. Any Ideas?

Thanks guys.

Joe

Dosadi
09-15-2009, 08:29 PM
RTB01 still in the shrink could probably get you at least a couple of hundred dollars on ebay. That's really just a guess though. There are collectors out there who are willing to pay some serious cash for limited edition and OOP stuff. I sold a set of the Skullz promo Adeptus Mechanicus models for $500.00 last year...and I still have another set! :cool:

If I were you I'd call the Warhammer World museum in Nottingham as I don't even think they have a shrink wrapped box of RTB01s. So you might be able to sell them back to GW...which has a sense of poetic justice to it. :p

Dosadi

Eyespy
09-15-2009, 08:32 PM
If I were you I'd call the Warhammer World museum in Nottingham as I don't even think they have a shrink wrapped box of RTB01s. So you might be able to sell them back to GW...which has a sense of poetic justice to it. :p
Dosadi

Selling GW their own Minatures back at a markup of several hundred percent? It warms my heart just thinking about it.

RWJP
09-16-2009, 12:38 AM
As has been said, you should get quite a bit out of them on eBay.

I do like the idea of contacting GW though... It would be interesting to see what they'd offer you...

RocketRollRebel
09-16-2009, 01:54 AM
Very cool. I love the old minis. They have certain charm to them I guess. Makes me wish I'd gotten into the hobby earlier in life instead of 4 years ago! haha

Let us know how that all turns out for you.

Gregory
09-16-2009, 02:13 AM
This almost makes me want to hoard a bunch of unopened boxes of current stuff. Maybe it will be worth something in 10 years?

L192837465
09-16-2009, 11:02 AM
This almost makes me want to hoard a bunch of unopened boxes of current stuff. Maybe it will be worth something in 10 years?

Hasn't worked for clanrats or the entire Dark Eldar line...

Drunkencorgimaster
09-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Selling GW their own Minatures back at a markup of several hundred percent? It warms my heart just thinking about it.

Now if only we could figure out a way to loan money to a credit card company...

Bon_Vivant
09-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Now if only we could figure out a way to loan money to a credit card company...

But you can, buy stock in the company.:D

Warhammer world, huh. Any idea of how to contact them? I live relatively close to the battle bunker in Chicago do you think they might make me a good deal?

Joe