PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pt Lucius Warband

Z_Dark_Angel
09-16-2009, 06:21 AM
Lucius - 160
Sorceror with MoS, Familiar, Lash and WoC - 160

Noise Marines x9 - NC, Power Weapon, Doom Siren, Meltabombs, Sonic Blasters x8, Land Raider, EA and DB - 510

CSM x 10 - AC, PW, MB, IoS, Flamer, Rhino, EA, DB - 265
CSM x 10 - AC, PW, MB, IoS, Flamer, Rhino, EA, DB - 265

Chaos Bikers x 7 - AC, PW, MB, IoS, Meltagun x 2 - 306

Chaos Havocs x 9 - AC, PW, PP, Combi-Bolter, MB, IoS, 4x Heavy Bolter or 4x Plasmagun, Rhino, EA, DB - 325

Total = 1996

Plan is Lucuis runs with the Noise Marines in the Land Raider and goes straight for the meanest looking Unit on the field, or the closest. Possibly taking pot shots with the Lascannons on the way. They get out and shoot and Siren them before charging whatever is left.

The two CSM, follow a similar tactic but go for secondary units or objectives. The Bikers go hard and aim for vehicles hiding in back or charging something in consort with one of the other units.

The Sorceror is Lashin units to within range of something to charge or WoC, anything that tries it on the havocs. The havocs run either plasmas or HBs, depending on whether horde or marine armies are opposing. They also have a rhino incase I want to have them contest an objective or help out something else.

With everything at I5 or better, will have to worry less about getting charge due tp me either going first or at the same time depending on enemy. (Eldar might be an issue). What do you guys think?

Z_Dark_Angel
09-18-2009, 06:00 AM
I really though that in two days I would get atleast one comment, but apparently not.

crazyzombie
09-18-2009, 10:37 PM
I feel your pain man

Z_Dark_Angel
09-19-2009, 03:36 AM
was just looking for some feedback on what everyone thinks, be it good bad or indifferent, ways to improve either its killyness or fairness.

Schnitzel
09-19-2009, 07:06 AM
I'd place your Noise Marines in a Rhino instead to take advantage of the 2 firepoints on top. You're wasting the shootyness of your Noise Marines by sticking them in the land raider.

Also, you're Havoks are pretty expensive. I'd swap them out for 2 squads of 2 Obliterators. Heck, you even save 25 points doing that and still have 4 special weapon shots a turn!

Z_Dark_Angel
09-19-2009, 07:18 AM
In my 1k and 1.5k lists for this force, they are in a rhino with extra armour and dozer blade. For this size, I figured a land raider offered them better chances of survival to ensure they get to where they can rip something up. It wasn't just for the special weapon shots that I chose them, they also give me another unit that is pretty good a h2h, gives the sorceror something to hide in, and can contest an objective better then an obliterator. They should also live a little longer than 4 obliterators.

crazyzombie
09-19-2009, 05:47 PM
I'd have to agree with Schnitzel on the orbiterators for havocs as you can hde your socercor with any unit or just swap him out for a lash deamon prince. By the way I don't see how 9 power armor marines in a 11 armor transport are more surivable then 4 2 woud terminators.

Z_Dark_Angel
09-19-2009, 06:55 PM
4 las cannon shots can possibly kill the oblits, but wont even kill half of the havocs. They all have the same T4. makes them easier to kill, also the total wounds is more in the havoc squad. But I'll definitly look into the combo of the DP and oblits vs the sorceror and havocs.