PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40K Escalation League-North Houston

Warlord
02-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Hello all.

There will be a escalation league starting March the 3rd at Swords and Superheroes in Kingwood, Texas. The rules and information will be listed below. I live in the Woodlands and will be driving to Kingwood on game days. Anyone interested in carpooling from the Woodlands/Spring are welcome to join me. I have 3 open spots, first come-first serve, please no one below 17yrs old (no baby sitting lol, parent issues). If you need any other information please email me at [email protected] , I check my email often but stay very busy so it is hard to keep a eye on the forum boards. Here is the league information-

Warhammer 40K Escalation League- King of the Lone Star

Escalation League will be on Saturdays starting at 4:30pm at Swords & Superheroes Kingwood Texas. The starting times could change in the future so please keep updated.

Escalation league is based on gradual point increased battles; starting from low point values to high. This is great for players who want to test new units and buy those units as the league goes on. The rules will be standard 40k Rule Book rules. The format will start out with players fighting a random opponent the first battle. After the first battle players will be placed against each other based on their scores from past battles; top player vs top player etc. Each player will be given a score sheet to keep track of their score, this sheet must be turned into the Judge after every match and signed by their opponents. Battles will take place on legal size Warhammer tables and must have at least 25% terrain. Missions will not be announced till before the first round of each battle day. The Judge has the final say if players can not come to agreement over a the rules during a match. Players who are deemed to be bad sportsman will be warned and even possibly kicked from the league. The following rules apply for points for the league.

1.The majority of the army is “What you see is what you get” 90% or more. +1

2. All the models in the army are painted at least three colours. +1

3. All the models in your army have flocked bases (painted with grass, rocks etc). +1

4. Good Sportsman (This point is given by opponents on your score sheet). +1

5. The player has more Elite, Fast Attack, Heavy choices then basic Troop Choices. Example-If you have 2 troop choices and 2 heavy, 2 Fast attack choices you will not be docked a point. If you have 2 troop choices, 3 fast attack, or 3 heavy choices then you will be docked -1 for Example. -1

6. Win is worth 4 points. Draw is worth 2 points. Lost is worth 1 Point.

7. If a player misses 2 consecutive game days they could be kicked from the league. This is decided by the Judge on a case by case scenario.

8. The will be a 12 players max on the number of participants.

9. A inactive player spot may be replaced with a new player. That player will have a point total of the lowest scoring player . This is a option until the last 3 gaming days of the league.

10. RULE 10 DELETED.

11. There is a $15 entry fee to enter the league, this is a one time payment and goes towards prize support and reserves tables for the whole group at Swords and Superheroes

12. There will be prizes for the top 3 finalist- 1st place Army Battalion Box $90-110 value. 2nd place Army Unit Box $30-45 value. 3rd place- Warhammer blister up to $15 value.

13. Army list must be typed up with cost, Army builder etc. Hand written list will only be used in case of a emergency.

If you have any questions please email me at [email protected]. You can also join (H_H) H-town H-ville Gamers on Facebook.

The following schedule is a list of game days and point totals.

March, Saturday 3rd -1000pts (2 matches 3hrs per match)

March, Saturday 10th- 1000pts (2 matches 3hrs per match)

March, Saturday 17th -Practice/Paint Day

March, Saturday 24th -1250pts (2 matches 3hrs per match)

March, Saturday 31st -1250pts (2 matches 3hrs per match)

April, Saturday 7th -Practice/Paint Day

April, Saturday 14th -1750 (2 matches 3hrs per match)

April, Saturday 21st - 1750 (2 matches 3hrs per match)

April, Saturday 28th -2000pts (1 match 5hrs per match)

May, Saturday 5th -2250pts (1 match 5hrs per match)

May, Saturday 12th -2250(1 match 5hrs per match) AWARD CEREMONY DAY

Warlord
02-24-2012, 08:19 AM
Just wanted to give this thread a bump. The League is starting next weekend so get those models painted, flocked, and put together! Hope to see some new faces!

Thank you-