PDA

View Full Version : Ard Boyz Finals

josiah
09-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Which list? The first list is the old list I made for Ard boyz, the second is the new one. I'm taking one of the two because I like them both, but which one should I take?

Space marines 2500 point army list

Lysander- 200pt

Librarian- terminator armour, storm sheild, null feild, gate of infinity- 140pt

Assualt Terminators x10- 400pt

Venerable dreadnought- multi-melta, heavy flamer, ex. armor, drop pod, deathwind missile launcher, homing beacon- 245 pts

Venerable dreadnought- multi-melta, heavy flamer, ex. armor, drop pod, deathwind missile launcher, homing beacon- 245 pts

Tactical squad- power fists, melta gun, combi-melta, multi-melta, drop pod, deathwind missile launcher- 265 pts

Tactical squad- power fists, melta gun, combi-melta, multi-melta, drop pod, deathwind missile launcher- 265 pts

Tactical squad- flamer, power fist, combi-flamer, missile launcher, drop pod, deathwind missile launcher- 235 pts

Scout squad- Sniper rifles x4, heavy bolter- 85 pts

Scout squad- Sniper rifles x4, heavy bolter, combi-melta- 95 pts

Thunder-fire cannon- 100 pts

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calgar-terminator armour- 265pt

Librarian- terminator armour, storm sheild, null feild, gate of infinity- 140pt

Assualt Terminators x10- 400pt

Venerable dreadnought- multi-melta, heavy flamer, ex. armor, drop pod, deathwing missile launcher, homing beacon- 245 pts

Venerable dreadnought- multi-melta, heavy flamer, ex. armor, drop pod, deathwing missile launcher, homing beacon- 245 pts

Tactical squad- power fists, melta gun, combi-melta, multi-melta, drop pod, deathwing missile launcher- 265 pts

Tactical squad- power fists, melta gun, combi-melta, multi-melta, drop pod, deathwing missile launcher- 265 pts

Tactical squad- flamer, power fist, combi-flamer, missile launcher,drop pod, melta-bomb - 215 pts

predator- heavy bolter- 85 pts

crazyzombie
09-16-2009, 01:44 PM
I am for the first. Lysander is much cheaper then Calgar and in my personal opinion just as good or even better. My biggest concern as that in both lists you have a large number of thunderfire cannons. This is fine if you are for the fluff, but seeing as this is a a'rd boyz list one has wonder is it worth it? With the points from the cannons you could have a land raider transport for some of the termies should you decide to split them. Just my 2 cents:)

josiah
09-16-2009, 01:55 PM
Thunder-fire cannons are the best ani-infantry weapon in the game and harder to kill then you may think especially in cover. and the terminators are much faster w/o the landraider.

Schnitzel
09-17-2009, 06:05 AM
Homing Beacons on the pods for safe deepstriking Terminators.
Large number of Terminators to weather the special weapon storm most likely sent their was upon landfall.
Dropping Dreads to run distraction and raise hell.
Yeah, I like the first list more. Seems viable to me.

Chumbalaya
09-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Walking Terminators depending on Deep Striking after a psychic test? Have you seen how big the bases are? Where do you stick them? What if they bring psyker defense, you slog it. What if they have Mystics or other DS defenses?

Beyond that point sink you have DPs dropping super expensive AV12 vehicles, who pop something then die, and a bunch of Tacticals, who are not really good.

While all this goes down you have 3 TFCs that die to a stiff breeze and 2 very small scout squads.

It's compromised. You have Drop Pods, which are good, but are overly reliant on a gimmick that really isn't going to work consistently. You have very little vehicle busters beyond close up meltas.

If you want Pods, go all out. Alpha Strike with Dreads and Sternguard, follow up with Speeders, more Dreads, and Tacticals to cap objectives.

Nikephoros
09-17-2009, 03:34 PM
If you want Pods, go all out. Alpha Strike with Dreads and Sternguard, follow up with Speeders, more Dreads, and Tacticals to cap objectives.

Pretty poor advice, at least for a tournament at this level. Do you think any player at 'ard boyz final will be dumb enough to deploy all his forces and keep nothing in reserve when he sees your alpha strike drop pod list? Or a drop pod list in general?

These are the best players in the country, they probably won't make incredibly basic play mistakes. And you shouldn't make a list based on assuming they will.

Chumbalaya
09-17-2009, 03:44 PM
Considering the crap that made it so far, I really wouldn't be surprised lol.

If he doesn't deploy, you put down your castle and drop them as they come on piecemeal.

DarkLink
09-17-2009, 09:20 PM
I'd drop the Deathwind launchers on the pods. If you're going to take that many TFC's, you've got plenty of blast templates already. Doing that saves you 100points right there. Drop pods probably won't last too long, and as I recall you can't shoot the launcher the turn you drop, meaning you might not get to shoot it at all.

You probably need to get more anti-tank than a couple of meltaguns and multi-meltas. Assault terminators with THSS can handle some of that, but if those two tactical squads get killed then you've no way to take out enemy tanks.

I'd stick with Lysander for your HQ. I'd agree that Lysander is better than Calgar.

I'd also probably drop at least one TFC in favor of a predator like in the second list.

What's a combi-melta doing in a unit of scouts with sniper rifles? I'd drop that. Your drop pods should be keeping the enemy busy on the other side of the field while the scouts take pot shots and hold your obectives.

And I'm not too sure why you have a missile launcher in your squad that has a combi-flamer. If you're going to use the combi-flamer you need to be close, and if you're close you're probably not going to get to shoot that missile launcher. I'd drop the launcher and get a flamer in there instead.

So far, dropping those things, you save 125 points off the first list. That's almost enough to max out the Scout squads.