PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Edition Rules Question

Enigmai
03-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Greetings fellow gamers,
Many of the factions allow HQ upgrades for example for US forces many of the formations allow the HQ to get additional Bozooka Teams.

My question is can these teams be divided up and join combat units like the Indepedent Command and 2iC?

Thanks in advance,
Tim

GrogDaTyrant
03-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Units that come with and/or are purchased as part of the HQ are used as combat attachments, and (iirc as per v3 rules) MUST be attached to other platoons. The difference in how they operate compared to your Commander or 2iC, is that they are not an independent team and so once you assign them to a platoon during deployment, they stay as part of that platoon. I am not 100% familiar yet with the v3 rulebook (still reading through it on spare time), so I don't know for sure whether or not combat attached teams count for morale purposes (besides being destroyed). So you might want to double check on that.

Enigmai
03-06-2012, 08:25 AM
awesome thank you!

GrogDaTyrant
03-07-2012, 09:36 AM
I got the chance to fully read up on HQ teams in 3rd. Here's how they work, per my understanding:

You have the option of attaching teams out (per Combat Attachments) to any of your Combat Companies or Weapons Companies. From there, it depends upon what type of team it is. Infantry teams (like Bazookas) MUST be attached to other platoons in your force. Gun teams are either all attached to other teams, or half of them are attached and the rest (at least 2) stay with the HQ. Tank Teams stay with the HQ. Transports have to stick with the teams they come with, and those teams have to be attached together (if there's more than one).

Any teams left over with HQ form a new Platoon with the 2iC acting as the platoon command. If there is no 2iC at deployment, then one of the teams is designated as the Platoon Command instead. Otherwise the teams that have been combat-attached to other platoons count as part of that platoon for all intents and purposes. Meaning they count for motivation while alive, count against when destroyed, etc.

Hope that helps. If you have access to the v3 Rulebook, I found it in the index under Combat Attachments on page 260 (iirc).

Misty
03-30-2012, 10:01 AM
I got the chance to fully read up on HQ teams in 3rd. Here's how they work, per my understanding:

You have the option of attaching teams out (per Combat Attachments) to any of your Combat Companies or Weapons Companies. From there, it depends upon what type of team it is. Infantry teams (like Bazookas) MUST be attached to other platoons in your force. Gun teams are either all attached to other teams, or half of them are attached and the rest (at least 2) stay with the HQ. Tank Teams stay with the HQ. Transports have to stick with the teams they come with, and those teams have to be attached together (if there's more than one).

Any teams left over with HQ form a new Platoon with the 2iC acting as the platoon command. If there is no 2iC at deployment, then one of the teams is designated as the Platoon Command instead. Otherwise the teams that have been combat-attached to other platoons count as part of that platoon for all intents and purposes. Meaning they count for motivation while alive, count against when destroyed, etc.

Hope that helps. If you have access to the v3 Rulebook, I found it in the index under Combat Attachments on page 260 (iirc).

Thanks for this