PDA

View Full Version : 2400 pt Dwarfs

joppo
03-06-2012, 04:47 AM
Hi

I have been trying this out recently without a whole lot of luck...I just can't seem to do the damage needed to stop things like Chaos rolling over me in combat. Comments?

Lords
Runelord ()
MRoBalance (), 2 x RoSpellbreaking ), RoPreservation (), RoResistance (), RoStone, Shield ()

Heroes
Thane (), BSB )
MRoGromril (), RoPreservation (, RoResistance )

Master Engineer
Great Weapon (), RoStone

Core
40 Warriors
Great Weapons, Full Command

40 Warriors
Great Weapons, Full Command

10 Quarrellers
Shields

10 Quarrellers
Shields

Special
Cannon )
RoForging , RoBurning

Grudge Thrower (
2 x RoPenetrating , RoAccuracy

Grudge Thrower )
RoPenetrating , RoAccuracy, RoBurning

8 Ironbreakers

Organ Gun

Gyrocopter

Order_from_Chaos
03-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Hey joppo,

The basic form of the list looks good. It is very similar to what I run with good results. From my experience though at games above 2k you will want 3 big blocks of infantry. I find having just the 2 are not effective in preventing being outmaneuvered. I would suggest dropping your quarrelers since in my experience they never perform well and either beef up your IB unit or drop the IB altogether and make them hammerers. Also I have never played a gyrocopter I can see where they would be good the only thing I find with them is they are expensive and if you get caught in combat they are bad, that being sad it does give you some flavor and variety in a otherwise very static list.

Hope this helps, Cheers

waaght
03-07-2012, 08:47 AM
I'm no dwarf expert, but here are some things that I might try with your list. I would drop the 8 ironbreakers. It isn't enough to do any real damage. Also, it seems like you have alot of core. Have you tried a big block of hammerers? Finally, maybe try a choppy lord and take a runesmith or two as your heroes.

Cutthroatcure
03-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Drop the Ironbreakers, and upgrade a core block to a full group of Hammerers! For only 2 pts per model it will prove worth it.

damage
03-26-2012, 01:08 PM
I have to agree about the IBs and the gyro. 8 of any type of our boys is going to do very little at this level and considering the rest of your list, the gyro is probably going to be out there all alone (which is rarely good). If you want more choppy, then you probably need to save some points on the Runelord too. Those are a lot of eggs in one gromril encrusted basket. So, to echo some of the comments above, a Lord surrounded by Hammers makes a nice beat-stick. Oh, and giving the Lord something to actually get through the armor is always helpful.