PDA

View Full Version : New to Dark Elves

Dark Trainer
03-06-2012, 02:52 PM
So I'm new to dark elves and acquired an army. Just wondering what tactics you find or have links to?

Dark Trainer
03-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Also I own 2 Sorceresses and 2 War Hydras if that helps. :)

DaemonJellybaby
03-23-2012, 11:50 AM
The sacrificial dagger with a handful of warriors or a sorceress for a good chance of casting all of your spells
Repeater crossbowmen are prickly, prickle the enemy to death.
Some dark riders and shades are plain annoying, go round the flanks and prickle the enemy.
Spearmen are cheap and hate the enemy, so don't underestimate them in a protracted combat, provided there is enough of them.
Cold one knights are good heavy cavalry and look damn nice, go out on the flanks and help them with a hydra.
Hydras can be used as a terror weapon, if you charge straight down the middle with some cavalry for support or as nasty flankers.

Dr. Cheesesteak
03-24-2012, 12:42 PM
I'd recommend checking this out - http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=65603

DE tactics are pretty simple on the surface, but can get pretty in-depth and that thread is a great reference for all the little nuances.

Isante
03-25-2012, 01:34 AM
How to Win with Dark Elves (in a nutshell)

lvl 4 Shadow - Mindrazorrr!!!!
lvl 2 fire - Fireballs!!!
Cauldron of blood BSB - Ward saves and killing blows AND extra attacks!

30 Corsairs- frenzy banner for the win!
few units of 10x crossbows - Pew Pews that are worth it
20 Blackguard - kills everything with mindrazor, especially your opponents hopes and dreams
5 man harpy units - for sacrificing!
Shades- for harassing
hydras - for owning everything, take 2!

eldargal
03-25-2012, 05:47 AM
I'm very fond of running:

30 Witch Elves
Full Command, Banner of Murder*

Lots & lots of poisoned, armour piercing attacks at I6.

It is vulnerable to shooting and prolonged combats, but it murders (ha) most things.

It is even more effective backed with a Cauldron of Blood for the ward save and whatnot.

I also second Dr. Cheesesteaks recommendation to read the Druchii.net tacticas.

*If fighting skaven I would take Banner of Eternal Flame instead, for Hell Pit Abominations and such.