PDA

View Full Version : Psi-gas-nades and Anti-Psi-nades...

Rahakanji
03-07-2012, 03:31 PM
One quick question about GK;
My Models have both types of nades:
When i charge a unit of Deamons or Psykes and roll a 6 for the lol-nades, do i resolve the initiative test on In:1 or basic In?

Hellstorm
03-07-2012, 04:04 PM
As they both happen at the same time, I would say yes.

DarkLink
03-07-2012, 04:32 PM
An initiative test is done with the value listed in the statline. Psykout grenades only cause daemons to strike at I1, it doesn't change the actual stat to I1.

Hellstorm
03-07-2012, 05:28 PM
An initiative test is done with the value listed in the statline. Psykout grenades only cause daemons to strike at I1, it doesn't change the actual stat to I1.

Both of those are wrong. It never states that you use your unmodified stat for stat tests. Also, the grenades say "... are reduced to Initiative 1 for the remainder of the phase." You will test at I 1

Rahakanji
03-08-2012, 03:25 AM
I had the same discussion in another Forum and there, the interpretations are pretty much equal! Albeit when we know when the effects are aplied (Wich Grenade goes first) we have the answer, but both have the same wording. So either you discuss it with you opponnent when it happens, or you decide to lend the stacking system (First roll effects then aply them) And the nades say immidiatly so i came to the conclusion that you use your base In for the Test!

Wildcard
03-08-2012, 09:13 AM
We came up with a situation like this (conserning the gas-nades):

Eldar banshee squad fought the squad with said grenades (or IC that actually had the said grenade) (i dont remember which unit made the actual assault move).

Now, the question was, would the effects of reduced iniative apply to banshees with banshee masks? I cant remember who the wording for this is exactly, but we decided to rule it out so that any other effect applies, but the iniative modifier would just have no effect.

Whats your take on the matter?

BS FADE
03-08-2012, 09:49 AM
We came up with a situation like this (conserning the gas-nades):

Eldar banshee squad fought the squad with said grenades (or IC that actually had the said grenade) (i dont remember which unit made the actual assault move).

Now, the question was, would the effects of reduced iniative apply to banshees with banshee masks? I cant remember who the wording for this is exactly, but we decided to rule it out so that any other effect applies, but the iniative modifier would just have no effect.

Whats your take on the matter?

In the Tyranid FAQ, it references ignoring the initiative drop when Banshees hit something that lowers their initiative like whip coils if that helps.

They are worded differently then other similar things because they where in fact made in a different edition, but GW seems to think we should play it like halberds with regards to funky initiative things.