PDA

View Full Version : Tyrant OR SM VS WoC

docbungle
03-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Hi all

So I have a game going up versus a WoC player who loves his warriors and kitted out lords/heros (no Marauders).

So with the chaps of large stomachs what should I take?

Slaughtermaster to deal with any magic coming my way (very unlikely to face anything more than lvl2) or do I face fire with fire and go with a tyrant??

Azazel
03-08-2012, 09:21 AM
I would go with a Slaughtermaster. Specially since they can now have armor. In a way, you can have a magic using character with high toughness and a good fighting ability. Truth be told, Ogres really rely on the buffs that a Slaughermaster can give them. with 5+ armor saves pretty much across the board, you need to make those units harder to kill in order to deal facing units with more ranks and numbers than your own.

docbungle
03-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Can a bruiser deal with the WoC of characters?

I am very mindful that they are monsters in combat and I will need to deal with them at some point!

Luke Licens
03-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Definitely the SM. Any chapter of Space Marines out to be able to wipe the floor with these heretical cultists. I would, of course, reccomend a Librarian accompany them, to neutralise their vile sorcery with his Psychic Hood. :p

docbungle
03-10-2012, 05:55 AM
Definitely the SM. Any chapter of Space Marines out to be able to wipe the floor with these heretical cultists. I would, of course, reccomend a Librarian accompany them, to neutralise their vile sorcery with his Psychic Hood. :p

:P

Cherub
03-10-2012, 03:53 PM
definitely the sm. Any chapter of space marines out to be able to wipe the floor with these heretical cultists. I would, of course, reccomend a librarian accompany them, to neutralise their vile sorcery with his psychic hood. :p

rofl