PDA

View Full Version : Eldar Tank Spam 1500

Inquisitor Malaclypse
09-18-2009, 01:42 AM
purely a fun list on this one; i wanted to see how many tanks i could fit in a 1500 pt. list and still be somewhat competitive.

i know that i could have gotten rid of one Autarch and the Guardians in favor of another Serpent and 5 man unit of Avengers, but a possible tactic would be to put everything in reserve and go second.

was not sure on how to equip the Autarchs though, and they're kitted for CC simply to give a couple of units of Avengers (or the Guardians) a slight boost, though i think they could probably equipped differently.

lastly, i know i could have used Destructor (and no Spear) on the Warlock and come out to 1500 exact, but the Guardians are my 'at home' unit they could hang in cover and i didn't want them to run too easily.

i might try to run this in a friendly game one of these days; C&C is welcome. i posted this list in another forum and no has made a reply to it. surely this list can't be perfect as is?

HQ
Autarch (Mandiblasters, Power Weapon, Fusion Gun)

HQ
Autarch (Mandiblasters, Power Weapon, Fusion Gun)

Troops
Dire Avengers x5
Wave Serpent (TL EML, Stones)
(190)

Troops
Dire Avengers x5
Wave Serpent (TL EML, Stones)
(190)

Troops
Dire Avengers x5
Wave Serpent (TL Shuri Cannon, Stones)
(170)

Troops
Dire Avengers x5
Wave Serpent (TL Shuri Cannon, Stones)
(170)

Troops
Guardians x10 (Scatter Laser)
Warlock (Embolden, Singing Spear)
(128)

Heavy Support
Fire Prism (Holofields)

Heavy Support
Fire Prism (Holofields)

Heavy Support
Fire Prism (Holofields)

1498 points.

vman
09-18-2009, 02:49 AM
it would be good for fun

not sure how it would play tho as i dont have enough experience up my belt to predict

let me know how it does go when you get a chance to play it

09-18-2009, 08:58 AM
It's probably pretty good. I don't think you need two autarchs; most, if not all the serpents should have Bright Lances because they're the most accurate platform in the army; 3 prisms is fun but probably counter-productive and I'd give the guardians a serpent instead. Also, at 1500 probably 2 of the 5 troops should be small suicide fire dragon squads for anti-tank.

TheKingElessar
09-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Essentially, what Avatar8481 said. Love the typo calling Autarchs Exarchs, btw. :P

Inquisitor Malaclypse
09-18-2009, 11:52 AM
I don't think you need two autarchs; most, if not all the serpents should have Bright Lances because they're the most accurate platform in the army; 3 prisms is fun but probably counter-productive and I'd give the guardians a serpent instead.

i rather like the two Autarchs for the bonuses i get for reserves.

i see your point to going with BL on two of the Serpents thought.

i wouldn't mind getting rid of a Prism tank, and i'll admit that Serpents w/no tl BL or even EML feel a bit weak.

i'll play around with this and re-post. good catch on my typing TKE...

TheKingElessar
09-18-2009, 01:49 PM
I live to serve...