PDA

View Full Version : Question about Character placement

Ardboy
03-13-2012, 05:05 PM
I have been playing 40k for years, but just recently started playing Fantasy so I know that my question is very basic, but I just cannot seem to find an answer in the rulebook.

Here is my situation: I have a unit of 6 Minotaurs with full command. If I want my Gorebull to join the unit, where do I place him?

Thanks.

Archon Charybdis
03-13-2012, 07:06 PM
You're looking for the Character section which starts on pg. 96. Basically, the character goes anywhere in the front rank unless doing so would displace a command model, in which case the character goes in the second rank.

plasticaddict
03-13-2012, 11:50 PM
I believe the character gets to go in the front and the musician or standard bearer go to the second rank, or you could just add him to the front rank so you have four models in the first rank and three in the second.

Lord Sigmar
03-14-2012, 06:05 AM
I believe the character gets to go in the front and the musician or standard bearer go to the second rank, or you could just add him to the front rank so you have four models in the first rank and three in the second.

Incorrect, either you make it ranks of 4 or the gorebull is displaced to the second rank (you can never displace a command model)

Wildeybeast
03-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Yeah, p96 clearly states command groups always stay in the front rank, the character will have to go in the 2nd rank. You also need to bear in mind the base size as this will affect placing. If the base is not the same footprint as other models (e.g. a cavalry model as the same footprint as two infantry models) then it goes at the side of the unit. All this is covered fairly clearly in the character section on p96/7

Tayne
03-15-2012, 06:29 AM
Incorrect, either you make it ranks of 4 or the gorebull is displaced to the second rank (you can never displace a command model)

Completely true, but the character can then use the "Make Way" special rule when in combat to reach the front rank, so if that's your aim he won't miss a fight until the musician/champion dies.