PDA

View Full Version : New Tyranid in the WD357?

Spellscape
09-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Hi all

Can someone tell me what is on page 61 (upper right in white/Black colors)
It looks like small Tyrant and lictor (or warrior with Tyrant Spine) but 100% has Rending Claws ?

angelblade
09-18-2009, 06:54 PM
old hive tyrant if i remeber the page right lol defo not a new model ur codex is 2011 at best still 4 3rd ed codexs and one army who has no codex to go befor u lot

TalonZahn
09-18-2009, 07:33 PM
old hive tyrant if i remeber the page right lol defo not a new model ur codex is 2011 at best still 4 3rd ed codexs and one army who has no codex to go befor u lot

Well, other than the fact that just about every site on the Net is claiming Tyranids in Feb. of 2010. That is an old 2nd Ed. model though.

angelblade
09-18-2009, 07:45 PM
yea sure feb 2010 ill believe it when i see it they cant make any money from a re release of tyranids and there's not even been a wiff of the codex usually by now we get all the crazy *** speculation coming form a friend of a friend of a friend who works at GW HQ but not even BOLS has picked up on it yet lol why would they update a codex that isnt that old especial as they still have 4 3rd ed codex's to get rid of and an army who does not even have a codex atm lol i think its alot of kiddie nid players wishful thinking cos they no longer know how to use there army's

RocketRollRebel
09-18-2009, 08:24 PM
Nope I'm pretty sure bugs are a comin Q1 2010. Its been a consistent rumor for a while (along with BA in 2010) and the release of Space Hulk has only went further to confirm it in my mind. Imperial Guard got one and I dont think they needed it. It has a bit more to do with how well is it going to sell than whether they need it or not. Besides tyranids could use some love.

TalonZahn
09-18-2009, 08:25 PM
I only have evidence of two seperate people on two seperate sites that supposedly talked to Phil Kelly at GD Germany. Both claiming Tyranids in 2010 from his mouth.

I don't believe anything until I see hard copies. I don't play Nids anyway. Necrons are definately not next. They are MEQ and non-MEQ players will cry to death if a MEQ army is next.

Sure they can make extra money off Tyranids released right after Space Hulk. The buzz is already in place about the awesome new models. Toss in 3-4 new figures, as rumored, and off you go. There already all kinds of "friend of a friend, whose cousin with the guy that cuts the hair of the local GW shop manager" threads out there. BoLS is great, but they aren't always first.

I'll give you extra credit though for no punctuation and multiple "lol" usage.

angelblade
09-18-2009, 09:01 PM
dyslexia's a ***** and if i have to go another year without a dark eldar codex or at least a new FAQ that does not have 2004-2008 on it im gonna quit, it would be nice for a bit of acknowledgement or something to come our way from GW especially seen as our codex isn't just the oldest codex in the game but the oldest codex/army book on the shelves in the local GWs 11 years and in that time all we have had is slight mentions hear and there in different books i had hoped the last 40k world campaign would have opened GWs eyes showing them we rare dark eldar player's do actually exist, seen as dark eldar won the thing but oh well

TalonZahn
09-18-2009, 09:12 PM
See my reply in your other thread. I'm not trying to pee in your Cheerios. The difference between Nids/BA and DE is that they require next to no work to generate a release. The DE are getting the entire line and codex redone.

Bobx66
09-18-2009, 09:32 PM
dyslexia's a ***** and if i have to go another year without a dark eldar codex or at least a new FAQ that does not have 2004-2008 on it im gonna quit, it would be nice for a bit of acknowledgement or something to come our way from GW especially seen as our codex isn't just the oldest codex in the game but the oldest codex/army book on the shelves in the local GWs 11 years and in that time all we have had is slight mentions hear and there in different books i had hoped the last 40k world campaign would have opened GWs eyes showing them we rare dark eldar player's do actually exist, seen as dark eldar won the thing but oh well

Who wants to sign a petition to push back the DE codex for another year from now so this guy quits and leaves us alone?

BuFFo
09-21-2009, 01:37 AM
Who wants to sign a petition to push back the DE codex for another year from now so this guy quits and leaves us alone?

I would, since the current DE codex is top tier and pretty much broken powerful lol.

The longer the new nerfed DE codex takes, the better...

Spellscape
09-21-2009, 01:52 AM
Maybe you should think from marketing perspective - everything need less work then DE, also they are not popular - so income from them are not fast. Tyranids, and ANYTHING else are selling MUCH better. Don't tell me that SM for EVERY edition is really because they needed gaming update. GW in every way says - WH is NOT tournament game - so they don't need to update to make any real balancing - they update mostly from commercial point of view. I think even Inquisition has better chances to be released before DE. Dont forget SM-type and Human armies are in greater demand than ANY non human race.
Why Tyranids - because of advertising costs - you can see them in Space Hulk and in PC game DoW 2 - simply GW catching momentum....